Best time to go?

blueeyes1227

On any island (except, maybe Aruba!) rain can come at anytime...most are short-lived showers and shouldn't disrupt your day.

The Bahamas weather is similar to Florida, so Dec. and Jan. can be cool there, if a coldfront extends far south. We like the spring....pretty much guaranteed nice weather, temperature-wise!

Hi! I was just wondering what month would be the best to go on a cruise to the Bahamas. Maybe from past trips that you've taken. I've been reading online about hurricane season and also about rain. Thanks to all for helping me :)

I have been in summer and its way too hot for me. I always went in may and I found that too was uncomfortable.We love October. have always had good weather (80s), warm ocean,and minimum kids as they are back in school . BUT any cruise is a good cruise..LOL :p

Hi! I was just wondering what month would be the best to go on a cruise to the Bahamas. Maybe from past trips that you've taken. I've been reading online about hurricane season and also about rain. Thanks to all for helping me :)

A nice time would be in the winter in terms of getting away from cooler weather here and enjoying nice weather there.

Keith

I'm gone in first part November the last three years and all three years there were hurricanes BUT we never encountered bad weather. It was a bit windy for a couple of days but other than that the weather was perfect. But like another poster said any cruise is a good cruise :o

As far as hurricane season, if there is inclement weather at a port, the ship simply re-routes and reorganizes port stops and all is fine.

Keep in mind that May can also be graduation/honeymoon/family vacation time....especially mid-late May. Early May (IMO) would be the best time to go. Otherwise, you might be subject to lots of families with kids, honeymooners, and (gulp) grads! The weather should be great! Also, the short Bahamas cruises are very popular because they're pretty cheap. You get what you pay for! In any event.....enjoy your cruise!

Beginning of May should be great. Ive been several times in the fall and had great weather. Went the end of June and was so hot the kids didn't want to stay, feet even burnt just walking around the town, it just radiated off the streets. it was scorching at the beach.. Went once with work in April and it was gorgeous.

Archived