Article: The 10 Hidden Costs of Cruising -- and How to Fight Back

You will have to explain to me how ANY of the ten costs listed in the above artice are "hidden?"

Unless you are either a 1st timer (and how many CC'ers are 1st timers, a very small percentage) or living under a rock like in that Geico commercial all 10 of these "hidden" costs are will known amongst the cruise crowd!

It always surprises me how many folks do NOT read any information about the cruiseline, ship or ports before they take off on their vacation. Most folks don't even have a clue where the cabin they booked is located on the ship!

So, sure, I can see how alot of folks wouldn't know about tipping, dress codes,smoking, etc.....because they don't make any effort to inform themselves before boarding! My brother is a case in point....booked a cruise and had NO idea about anything! If I hadn't given him a "heads up" about the basics, he would have never known what to expect!

It always surprises me how many folks do NOT read any information about the cruiseline, ship or ports before they take off on their vacation...

I am such the opposite. I over plan, over read, and would never NOT know where my room is. I guess if you are carefree enough not to educate yourself, you should also be carefree enough not to wince at the bill.

Number 8 has to be the most ridiculous.......souvenir shopping onboard and in port? Who could possibly think that would included in the cost of the cruise? I think even someone living under a rock could figure out that one.:rolleyes:

Archived