An OCD review of Golden/Hawaii-Pictures!!

hermajestylanie

Melanie, Thank you for your review! It was about my two favorite things...cruising and Hawaii! June of 2010 we did NCL's Hawaiian cruise and July of 2012 we are cruising Alaska on the Golden Princess! I am sooo happy to hear about your additional weight gain...I had to read to the end to see if you posted that you were expecting...Congratulations! :D Enjoy!!!

I'm leaving for rthe same cruise on 11/9/2011. I'm so excited now, I can hardly wait. Did you by any chance meet anyone traveling solo? I travel alone and usually find others who also travel alone and couples who are fun and inclusive. Your food photos put 15 pounds on me already.....

We did meet a lot of people going solo! Also, there were many people who came as a couple or a group and chose to do some activities apart. Like on our hike there were a couple people that had partners that didnt want to do it, so they came by themselves and had a lot of fun. We chatted with quite a few people at lunch and dinner that were solo cruisers as well. Have you joined the role call? You might be able to organize a metting or activity with other who are going solo. But all in all, I found that those going solo had a great time and found the cruise really relaxing too. I can understand why many people do this- it seems you have much more freedom to plan out your day and activities and can tailor your vacation to what you really want to do. If I ever go on a cruise with husband and the kid, I think I might do some activites solo (while he stays back to babysit!).

Melanie, Thank you for your review! It was about my two favorite things...cruising and Hawaii! June of 2010 we did NCL's Hawaiian cruise and July of 2012 we are cruising Alaska on the Golden Princess! I am sooo happy to hear about your additional weight gain...I had to read to the end to see if you posted that you were expecting...Congratulations! :D Enjoy!!!

Well, the cruise weight gain was not from the pregnancy! Just the delicious food! Can't seem to stay away from those yummy desserts. Though now being pregnant, all sweets sound super gross to me. Thankfully I am nearing the end of the first trimester, so hopefully that will abate soon.

Hope you have a great time on your cruise next year! Alaska and the Golden- should be a good time!

Edited by hermajestylanie

• 2 weeks later...

I read your amazing review several days ago just before booking a March 2013 cruise on the Golden Princess to Hawaii for my wife's 50th birthday. It is going to be a surprise but I am planning to slowly reveal the surprise throughout her 50th year, starting March 2012. As part of the revelation process I was looking for 118 photos which would be relevant to the cruise, but wouldn't reveal too much. (I wanted some photos of different areas of the ship, some photos of some particular items on the ship's menu that I thought she would enjoy, photos from the various ports that don't reveal the port's identity, etc.)

Anyway, after spending a couple of hours searching on Google images (and becoming a bit frustrated) I suddenly remembered your review. Now after going back through it and downloading the photos (just the ones that look like they will work well for what I am planning), I have 139 photos to choose from. So now I will get to be more selective!

Yes, with 17 months to go, I must confess that I am OCD about this right now.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

So obviously I appreciate your OCD -- it saved me some time. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

I read your amazing review several days ago just before booking a March 2013 cruise on the Golden Princess to Hawaii for my wife's 50th birthday. It is going to be a surprise but I am planning to slowly reveal the surprise throughout her 50th year, starting March 2012. As part of the revelation process I was looking for 118 photos which would be relevant to the cruise, but wouldn't reveal too much. (I wanted some photos of different areas of the ship, some photos of some particular items on the ship's menu that I thought she would enjoy, photos from the various ports that don't reveal the port's identity, etc.)

Anyway, after spending a couple of hours searching on Google images (and becoming a bit frustrated) I suddenly remembered your review. Now after going back through it and downloading the photos (just the ones that look like they will work well for what I am planning), I have 139 photos to choose from. So now I will get to be more selective!

Yes, with 17 months to go, I must confess that I am OCD about this right now.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

So obviously I appreciate your OCD -- it saved me some time. I hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

OMG! Your wife is so lucky to have you! What a sweetie for giving her such an amazing surprise and fantastic journey to the surprise! I am so glad that my pictures helped you out. Such a long time to wait for the cruise though, but the time it gets here I am sure both of you will be bursting with excitement. Have you have a wonderful time and happy 50th to your wife.

Pregnancy going well. At three months now and I am getting more and more plump around the midsection! Husband is super excited!

hermajestylanie,

congratulations on your pregnancy!

I just finished reading your entire cruise review, and you and your husband seem like such a lovely, fun couple.

you have a real talent for writing...maybe you could do restaurant reviews. ( although you have a lot of foods you don't like, right ?)

your food pictures made me hungry and your stories made me laugh.

all the best to you,

another chocoholic:)

hermajestylanie,

congratulations on your pregnancy!

I just finished reading your entire cruise review, and you and your husband seem like such a lovely, fun couple.

you have a real talent for writing...maybe you could do restaurant reviews. ( although you have a lot of foods you don't like, right ?)

your food pictures made me hungry and your stories made me laugh.

all the best to you,

another chocoholic:)

Thanks! It is always nice to meet another chocoholic! Maybe if there were chocolate only restaurants I could be a reviewer! Take care!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know you wrote this review quite some time ago but I just came across it (we will be on Grand sailing to Hawaii in October...15 days RT from San Francisco so I've been searching for similar cruise reviews). Your review was absolutely great and I LOVED all the pics...they were so natural. Thanks for sharing!

BTW...you are a wonderful looking couple...so sweet and happy! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...