Cabin swapping-- Celebrity told me it was okay!

PartyAllDaTyme

If you live in different states, remember to keep checking both states for resident discounts as well because they come and go as the time gets closer.

Also check cabin categories besides just the one you booked because those discounted rates usually show up for some categories but not others and you can sometimes find some great upgrades that way.

If you live in different states, remember to keep checking both states for resident discounts as well because they come and go as the time gets closer.

Also check cabin categories besides just the one you booked because those discounted rates usually show up for some categories but not others and you can sometimes find some great upgrades that way.

Good advice! For our situation, we have an HC cabin booked, the other adjacent, so upgrades will not do us any good. We have to stay where we are. We did use such a price drop to upgrade on our last cruise.

I just got a call from a Celebrity agent, following up on our booking. As long as I had him on the line, I asked once again about Musical Cabins and was again told not to be concerned, and was again told they will not recode SeaPass cards but will issue extra door cards. At least the answers are consistent.

I happened to ask about swapping rooms with kids, and that I thought it would be a liability issue. I was told that they will only do this if the cabins are adjacent or across the hall; otherwise, one adult must be booked and actually travel in each cabin. He made reference to "It's now legal to do that if the cabins are adjacent or across the hall."

Archived