First Cruise: Help me understand what beverages I can bring onboard

valuv2travel

The beverage policy on the Carnival FAQs are a bit unclear. It states that a person (21+) can bring a bottle of wine/champagne. There is a corkage fee if it is consumed in the dining room. Does this mean they take the bottle and only provide it to you upon request in the dining room? Or do you keep it with you in the room, can enjoy it in room w/o paying a corkage fee? Are there corkscrews in room?

It also isn't clear if I bring on one bottle of wine if I can also bring 12 bottles of no alcoholic drinks (i.e. water or soda). Is it an either or thing?

Thanks! I'm finding Carnival doesn't do a good job making some of their "rules" very clear.

If you bring a corkscrew, you may drink the one bottle of wine per person in your room. If you take it the dining room to have with dinner, there is a corkage fee. They will serve the wine to you each night until it's gone.

In addition to one bottle of wine per person, each person is also allowed 12 non-alcoholic beverages (sodas, water) but all beverages must be in your carry-on - they can not be checked.

One bottle of wine or champagne per adult (over 21). Twelve non-alcoholic beverages total per person.

You can bring a corkscrew or ask your steward and he will provide one free of charge. The steward will also provide wine glasses. You can drink your wine where ever you want.

There will only be a corkage fee if you take your bottle to the MDR to be served to you by the waiter. If you want to take your own w/o the fee, just take a glass of wine with you to dinner.

Happy cruising.

Friends have been charged corkage in the MDR even when their bottle doesn't need a corkscrew. The bottle wasn't a screw top but one where a plastic top was adhered to the cork.

I've asked at the bars for wine glasses. Be specific if you need glasses red or white wine.

We usually bring on some root beer and orange soda in the 20oz bottles.

The beverage policy on the Carnival FAQs are a bit unclear. It states that a person (21+) can bring a bottle of wine/champagne. There is a corkage fee if it is consumed in the dining room. Does this mean they take the bottle and only provide it to you upon request in the dining room? Or do you keep it with you in the room, can enjoy it in room w/o paying a corkage fee? Are there corkscrews in room?

It also isn't clear if I bring on one bottle of wine if I can also bring 12 bottles of no alcoholic drinks (i.e. water or soda). Is it an either or thing?

Thanks! I'm finding Carnival doesn't do a good job making some of their "rules" very clear.

As you stated, each passenger over the age of 21 is free to bring aboard (in his/her carry on luggage) one 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne to take to your cabin. Should you elect to enjoy it with your dinner you may be charged a $10 corkage fee. Often times this is waived. Should you not consume all of the wine you're free to bring it back to your cabin.

You're also able to bring on board one 12 pack of non-alcoholic beverages per person regardless of age. These, too, must be carried on but not necessarily in your carry on luggage.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
You can also bring a long your favorite spirit or liquor wrapped as a gift. If questioned' date=' it is a gift for someone celebrating something within your group.[/quote']

& if found, it will be confiscated & returned to you at end.:rolleyes:

You can also bring a long your favorite spirit or liquor wrapped as a gift. If questioned' date=' it is a gift for someone celebrating something within your group.[/quote']

LOL I think this is called lying and smuggling if you are hiding liquor as a present for a friend. It certainly isnt allowed, you just were able to do it. difference.

Archived