What is your favorite excursion?

lreilly44

Hello, my husband and I will be visiting St Thomas in two weeks during our cruise. It is our first time to the island (and to the Caribbean at all) so we are looking for suggestions for excursions. So I would love some suggestions! :)

Anything to St John. On our first visit years ago, we did St John on our own and thought it had to be the most beautiful beach anywhere. After cruises to many different places in the Caribbean as well as New Zealand, Australia and Europe, I still believe it. In June we're headed back and will be doing a ship tour "St John Sea Safari". I can't wait to get there - so beautiful!!! :)

I agree, our first visit we took a taxi to Red Hook, then ferried over to St. John (Cruz Bay). Took a jitney (open air truck with bench seats in the back) to Trunk Bay and hung out there. Then back to Cruz Bay for a burger at Woodys then back the way we came. Gorgeous island, 2/3 of which is Natl. Park.

Our second visit, we stayed on St. T and "winged" it. Took a taxi to Coki Beach (YUK) and then to Magens Bay. We just didnt think St. T stacked up to St. John.

This trip (in less than 2 weeks) I booked a day sail on the Nightwind. It is a 57 foot sail boat and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and open bar. They sail to St. John area and snorkle in two locations. I can't wait.

Hope this helps..... have fun on your first Caribbean cruise !!!

The BOSS Underwater Scooter (if available on your cruise line) is great! You get over an hour to snorkle on your own in a beautiful cove and about 30 minutes on the scooter. One of the best excursions I've ever been on.

Hello, my husband and I will be visiting St Thomas in two weeks during our cruise. It is our first time to the island (and to the Caribbean at all) so we are looking for suggestions for excursions. So I would love some suggestions! :)

When we visit St Thomas we hook up with Captain Pat and the

Independence.

The day trip is the best. The Sailing is fantastic hsave s look and if you go

say hello from Steve & Pat and tell her we will see her next March.

http://www.independence44.us/

Ditto on Captain Pat on the sailboat Independence. Fabulous day every time. This time our group is over six people so we're sailing with Nightwind and expecting an equally wonderful day on the beautiful water headed to St. John.

Taking Red Hook Ferry to St John (Cruz Bay). Short cab ride to Trunk Bay.

Love this place. Have been to St Thomas three times and always go to St John.

Planning to return to St John for a week stay.

No matter what you do enjoy. Now having said that what ever you do, after you get back to port, walk over to the SKYRIDE TO PARADISE POINT. Don't do this through the ship. YOu can walk to it after you are done with whatever excursion you plan.

It has a GREAT view of the Harbor. We are taking our son(who will be a 1yo) and we want a pic with us at the top with the harbor in the background. Oh yea, if you go, HAVE A BUSHWACKER. Great drink. I remember it from the time we went in 2006.

St John is truly beautiful! Very much doable on your own.

If your into snorkeling, we took an excursion by Bones Pirate Schooner. You can look them up through Google or Facebook. I have done many snorkeling excursions and I have to say this was by far the best. Staff was super nice and fun. Got to see turtles, tons of beautiful fish, barracuda, etc.

Archived