FLL Cruiseport to MIA Airport transportation options?

John73

All my previous cruises have been flying in to and departing from FLL, but due to saving time and airfare differences I'm considering departing from MIA.

I'm looking at doing a Celebrity cruise on Solstice in December. In looking at return flights I can get home to Seattle about 5 hours earlier if I take a noon flight out of MIA as opposed to a 5PM flight out of FLL. (The noon FLL flight is over $300 more than the 5PM) Based on my previous cruise experience I'd feel pretty confident about a noon flight out of FLL via taxi from the cruiseport. But what are my transportation options to get to MIA airport? I figure taxi is going to be ridiculously priced. Are there some shared shuttle options? Should I just have my TA book me a transfer through Celebrity for the port to MIA?

Thanks in advance! Appreciate the help here.

Taxi or car service (try Larry's Limos) will be between $85-100. :eek: A rental car is your cheapest option, but you may not have the time. :( Supershuttle will make the trip for about $40 per person, but time would again be my concern - it is a 45+ minute or so drive once you are loaded up and rolling.

You might look into cruiseline transfers - this is one case where they might be your best option. Good luck! :)

Archived