Good Travel Agent for HAL Cruise?

TeamBozo

My wife and I have been booking our HAL cruises directly with them. I know some people feel strongly that travel agents are the way to go. We don't have a good local one. Can you recommend a good on-line travel agent for us? Thank you for your help.

;)

Forget the on-line thing

Go with an eyeball to eyeball TA.

You'll be amazed at the service

Gramps

Unless they go out of business like one I used to use! Good TA's are both Online & Brick & Mortar. But the same applies to bad TA's. I like to keep all options open and if I can save a lot I will book with a TA. Otherwise I prefer booking direct.

My upcoming cruise is the first one I booked with a discount booking site. My first was with a TA. Although she knew how to deal with the cruiseline and did know the ships well, she was pretty clueless about our destination. I did all my own research and just had her take care of the booking. She did handle two price drops for me, but only after I brought them to her attention. As this was our first cruise, I just felt better booking with her.

Whomever you book with, I suggest you check them out with the BBB. Also google the name of the agency along with the word "complaints" or "reviews." Read the reviews carefully. Some people have complaints that are not valid. If the contract language specifically spells out their policies people should not get upset if the agency won't make exceptions.

Before booking ask for a copy of their policies. Know if there are any fees involved with cancelling before final payment or other fees if you decide you would like to change your cabin, etc. There are great deals out there. By booking with an online agency we saved $400 a person, plus received $100 in On Board Credit and a free dinner for two at the Pinnacle restaurant. That $800 we saved by not booking with HAL will help pay for some nice Alaskan excursions.

Whatever TA you may choose to use, be absolutely certain all payments go directly to HAL and not through their checkbook. Do not authorize them to put a charge against your credit card that is a charge to anyone but the cruise line.

If the TA goes out of business or fails to pay HAL, you will be in a bad situation.

Archived