Getting onboard

Hi everyone.

We are leaving on Monday for a few days on the Gold Coast with our young grandson before boarding the Pacific dawn in Brisbane.

I just have a few questions before we leave.

What time will we actually be able to get on the ship?

What is the process for the kid's club registration?

Will the pools be open on the first day for the little one?

Thank you all.

Hi everyone.

We are leaving on Monday for a few days on the Gold Coast with our young grandson before boarding the Pacific dawn in Brisbane.

I just have a few questions before we leave.

Thank you all.

from 10.30am but you can check your bags in from 8 am

you have to be over 18 yrs old to put them and out of kids club.

when you first register you have take all pass ports with you.

all depends on the weather.

we try to use a spa pool for the little one.

Thank you Thied.

Are you saying the spas are better for little ones. Are they really hot?

My wife and I would be the only ones signing him in and out as he is only 3

I think we will be getting there about 11.30 am so the timing sounds good.

Can you get into the cabins right away?

Thank you Thied.

Sorry to say that 11.30 would be about the busiest time. We like to arrive to check in before 10am. Boarding usually starts around 10.45am. There would probably be less time to wait if you timed your arrival for a bit later - maybe shortly after 12 noon. I think the latest time for check in is 1pm so make sure you arrive well before then!!

You can access your cabin immediately you board the ship, but you luggage won't arrive for a couple of hours.

The dining room is open for lunch only until 1.30pm, but the buffet is open usually until 2.30pm.

I have always seen the pools full of water and open when we board, but people don't usually get in them. Maybe they don't have their swimming costumes in their hand luggage!!

When you get to your cabin your cabin steward will introduce him (or her) self and tell you what time you have to attend the compulsory lifeboat drill. This is often at 1.30pm just before sailaway. I mention this because it might make you change your mind about having the little one in the pool as soon as you board.

Have a fantastic cruise. :)

Thank you Thied.

we have not found them to hot or you can use the little pool that is between the adults pool and the childrens poll on lido deck is is very good at times when there is not too many bigger kids in it. our son is four.

Can you get into the cabins right away? yes you can get into your cabins as soon as you board the ship unless there is a problem with the cabin.

I see we are on the same cruise. there is a roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28596846#post28596846

Yes you can go straight to your cabin. Your bags will arrive within couple hours so they won't be at your cabin straight away. When you get inboard we usually go to check out room first then set off exploring the ship or have lunch in buffet. Have a great cruise. Fiona

Hi Guys!

We leave from Auckland 2 May... 27 Sleeps! :) My question is similar. Our itinerary says boarding at 12.30 and sailing at 4.30. Should we arrive to board AT 12.30, or earlier?

It's so exciting!

Thanks for all the amazing advice.

Hi Guys!

We leave from Auckland 2 May... 27 Sleeps! :) My question is similar. Our itinerary says boarding at 12.30 and sailing at 4.30. Should we arrive to board AT 12.30, or earlier?

It's so exciting!

Thanks for all the amazing advice.

With boarding set for 12.30 I would arrive before 11.30. With luck, boarding will start by midday and you should be one of the earlier groups to board. You will then be on board in time for lunch.

Just a couple of things I thought I would mention.

The kids clubs take kids from 3 years and up and are great. However, for you to be able to leave him there he has to be toilet trained. If he isn't trained then he is still welcome but you will have to stay with him.

Secondly, children have to be over 3 and toilet trained to use the ships pools and spas, no swim nappies are allowed.

Just a couple of things I thought I would mention.

The kids clubs take kids from 3 years and up and are great. However, for you to be able to leave him there he has to be toilet trained. If he isn't trained then he is still welcome but you will have to stay with him.

Secondly, children have to be over 3 and toilet trained to use the ships pools and spas, no swim nappies are allowed.

yes that is a very good point, they will not change nappies.

Thank you Jenny. Yes our dear grandson is toilet trained although he sometimes has an accident in the night.

Thied you mentioned the spa pools. I have read that they are only for adults, is that really the case?

Only a couple of days to go now, so hope the weather improves.

Thank you Jenny. Yes our dear grandson is toilet trained although he sometimes has an accident in the night.

Thied you mentioned the spa pools. I have read that they are only for adults, is that really the case?

Only a couple of days to go now, so hope the weather improves.

We have used the spa pools. and if no one is useing them why shouldnt the we use them.

Ok just double checking things

Am wanting to do the 7 day South Pacific cruise out of Brisbane and the PO website says depart at 2pm

So is the imformation given above for the OP the same. Latest board time is 1pm and earliest is 1030 ish.

Ill be flying in from Adelaide and wasnt sure if i should fly in the night before. Now I have seen this info i'm thinking ill be ok flying in same day. The earliest flight is 6 am out of Adelaide will get into Brisbane at 9am (Brisbane time) Would you get into Brisbane any later than this. How far is it from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Also what time should we book our flights home site says it gets in a 6am ?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Ok just double checking things

Am wanting to do the 7 day South Pacific cruise out of Brisbane and the PO website says depart at 2pm

So is the imformation given above for the OP the same. Latest board time is 1pm and earliest is 1030 ish.

Ill be flying in from Adelaide and wasnt sure if i should fly in the night before. Now I have seen this info i'm thinking ill be ok flying in same day. The earliest flight is 6 am out of Adelaide will get into Brisbane at 9am (Brisbane time) Would you get into Brisbane any later than this. How far is it from the airport to the cruise terminal.

Also what time should we book our flights home site says it gets in a 6am ?

Look forward to hearing from you all

You should be OK on the first flight out of Adelaide. Portside would only be about 20 minutes' drive from the airport by taxi.

For flights home you would be safe to book from 11am. P & O usually says to book after 12 noon. The ship is nearly always on time and passengers start disembarking around 7am, but the process can run late. Obviously those who disembark first have to get out of bed very early to get dressed and have brekkie. When you are on the ship you will receive a Disembarkation Form where you put in the time of your flight. Disembarkation times are allocated going from this information, but if the time allocated does not suit you (for whatever reason) you can front up at the Reception desk, smile nicely :) and ask if can be changed.

Have a great cruise. :)

Archived