Cuban cigars

luchie

I've been on 11 cruises in the Caribbean and not once did I ever get caught stepping on American soil with cuban cigars. I'm a cigar entrepeneur, and without getting to deep about this topic, I can tell you that CaviarGal is right. There are several methods similar to this one.

...Nothing like a cuban draw while the wake passes you by as you sip a very smooth Cognac from your balcony...Oh so "Priceless".

John

Frankly, I've found the quality of Dominican cigars markedly superior to the majority of the Cuban brands that are out there. If given a choice, that's what I would buy.

IMHO, of course...

Michael

If your really worried, just remove the band.....they couldn't tell the difference between a Cuban, Dominican, Jamaican or Honduran cigar if they wnated too.

....is this what the shopkeeper did before he sold it to you? :D

jcruise......Nice choice. Did you buy the Churchills? They are my favorite RyJ's.

Rebel John...They were 42 ring coronas. Great deal for the box. No haggling. It wasn't permitted. I made sure it had an actual cuban seal located in the right place, and the Habana tag was draped across the top left. On the bottom of the box it had the born on date of Jan.05 stamped into it. My friends were happy as hell when I returned home. They couldn't wait to see me.(LOL)

John

....is this what the shopkeeper did before he sold it to you? :D

No skibozo, I came home with them still sealed in the box with the cuban seals all over them. Prior to getting on the flight home from PR, your checked luggage must go through USDA security to ensure your not smuggling home vegetation. Your carry-on luggage does not get screened. The cubans were in my backpack and I walked right on the plane with them.

John

when i was on a land-based trip to nassau last june i brought back about $500 worth of cubans - removed the labels from all of them, and they passed customs without batting an eye. what a wonderful treat they make for special occasions!

that said, if you're not buying that many (it was about 30 or so that trip) - and only want a few for friends - just stick them in your inside jacket pocket. they don't physically search you, you'll go through just fine (did this most recently after a business trip to london where i snagged a bunch of cubans from the davidoff store before heading down to gatwick).

oh, and like some other posters i routinely drive faster than the speed limit too. guess we're all anarchists! :p

Archived