Deck 14 (#14319) RCCL tells me its 25% "obstructed". Can anyone help?

Hi....I am fresh off the Oasis just 8 days ago and we had SUCH a great time I am trying rebook the Allure now! There are not many choices left for the sailing I want and one of the Boardwalk Balcony rooms #14319 is available. I took MANY pics of that area of the ship and thought I knew it looked like an acceptable choice.

RCCL now tells me that the balcony is considered "25% obstructed".....really? I see that the zipliners would pass above you...as you are right by the dunes mini golf area. I get it that the roof of your balcony is essentially the floor of deck 15.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Is there a ladder or post or something in the way I should know about?

Kinda of a bummer for the $$$$ they are asking!

The balcony is 6th in from the Aquatheater on deck 14. Looks ok to me!

Thanks for any help.

It may be the one with the ramp that extends out for the zipliners. My room was directly across from this. While I do not think the room is actually obstructed, I would never book that cabin as screaming people are flying in the air day and night and they look like they are going straight into your cabin before hitting the ramp. I guess Depending upon how big the person on the zipline is that particular balcony could actually be totally obstructed for a second or two lol....

Hi..thanks for the feedback. I do see that crazy room also available...gee, I wonder why????

...but ours we would book is actually much towards the Aquatheater....in fact, 6 in from the top (14 deck). I just cannot figure out what they are talking about!...and the chiquata on the phone DOES NOT know what she is talking about....from a call center in Oregon and has never even seen the ship(s). SO that is not helpful :(

Thanks tho :)

• 5 years later...

By looking at the view from that balcony in a video, I am not sure but they maybe referring to the ships Port to Starboard Hull that is blocking your view.

Here is a link to that video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXkgoVbY9I

and you can see it at time 2:23.

• 8 months later...

Just cruised Oasis and stayed in cabin 14319. Wonderful cabin in many ways for kids. One floor up is kids pool area and teen areas. Two floors up is Windjammer and floors below have the dining rooms and Boardwalk area. The obstructed view is due to the fact you have an obstruction when looking at the ocean. You can see the water, but the Aqua Theatre does obstruct some of the view. We love the fact we could look off the balcony to see how many empty tables were at Johnny Rockets for a quick hassle free breakfast. Also fun to watch the Aqua Shows (you do miss the far right of the theatre if you are sitting. Also fun to watch the zip line which is one floor up, but goes by the balcony.

Downside - some noise from the basketball court and of course if there are shows in the Aqua Theatre. We used a little Marpac Rohm portable white noise machine (purchased on Amazon for about $30) at night and never heard a thing. Highly recommend this little device! :)