Ft. Lauderdale area nightlife?

missmj

We're staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area the night before our cruise and want to be close to some nightlife. Myself, and 2 girlfriends are in our mid 20's and need some recommendations about where to stay to be fairly close to some action!

I'm not necessarily looking for clubs, it could be fun restaurants, bar/pubs, etc. :D

We're considering staying in Hollywood, near the beach but after doing some research it seems like the areas north of Hollywood might be better?

We're staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area the night before our cruise and want to be close to some nightlife. Myself, and 2 girlfriends are in our mid 20's and need some recommendations about where to stay to be fairly close to some action!

I'm not necessarily looking for clubs, it could be fun restaurants, bar/pubs, etc. :D

We're considering staying in Hollywood, near the beach but after doing some research it seems like the areas north of Hollywood might be better?

If you're looking for nightlife, you'll want to stay somewhere near or in Ft Lauderdale beach. There you'll find a bunch of bars along the beach that are alot of fun. Beach Place is a mall right on the ocean that has a Fat Tuesday, Hooters, Dualing Pianos Bar, and a few other bars that I cant remember the name of. There is also Whisky Blue in the W on the ocean, which is higher end ad a very good scene. All of this is about a 5-10 min ride from the cruise port.

Hard Rock..Even if you stay near port in FLL its only a 15 minute cab ride. Check out the dueling piano's link.

Awesome place.

http://www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com/entertainment/

There's 2nd Street in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Its awesome!!! A street full of bars/pubs plus a pizza joint....Hollywood Blvd is also pretty kewl since they re did it and of course Las Olas Blvd. is always a great time. Fort Lauderdale Beach Place is good too!!!! Its got a Hooters and Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos & beer)...gotta love it !!

Thanks guys!

davesarn, ok, sounds like Ft. Lauderdale is the place we need to be! We were considering Hollywood because it was a lot cheaper to be near the beach.

Janetz, I would *love* to stay at the Hard Rock, the night we need is sold out! Would still love to check it out though!

There's 2nd Street in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Its awesome!!! A street full of bars/pubs plus a pizza joint....Hollywood Blvd is also pretty kewl since they re did it and of course Las Olas Blvd. is always a great time. Fort Lauderdale Beach Place is good too!!!! Its got a Hooters and Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos & beer)...gotta love it !!

Thanks! Wow, I should have come here for recommendations long ago! I've spend so much time googling and on yelp trying to figure out where the great places are. I wish we had more than 1 night in town now!

Thanks guys!

davesarn, ok, sounds like Ft. Lauderdale is the place we need to be! We were considering Hollywood because it was a lot cheaper to be near the beach.

Janetz, I would *love* to stay at the Hard Rock, the night we need is sold out! Would still love to check it out though!

You can always sleep elsewhere and taxi over...;)

If you were thinking Hollywood Beach, as in Diplomat or Crowne Plaza area, there isn't any nightlife there. Maybe a couple miles north along the Broadwalk, although most stuff I've read seems to indicate it's more of a daytime fun place, not so much for nightlife. There did appear to be some interesting places along Hollywood Blvd around one of the big roundabouts (I wanna say at Federal Highway, but can't remember for sure), but again, I have no idea how this place would be at night.

If you were thinking Hollywood Beach, as in Diplomat or Crowne Plaza area, there isn't any nightlife there. Maybe a couple miles north along the Broadwalk, although most stuff I've read seems to indicate it's more of a daytime fun place, not so much for nightlife. There did appear to be some interesting places along Hollywood Blvd around one of the big roundabouts (I wanna say at Federal Highway, but can't remember for sure), but again, I have no idea how this place would be at night.

The downtown Hollywood nightlife (lots of small bars and ethnic restaurants) is on Hollywood Blvd between Dixie Hwy and Young Circle (west of U.S 1) and there are a few places one street south on Harrison St. On weekends it is very busy and active and it is a late night place. Dress is VERY casual and downscale. Other casual venues are Ft Lauderdale beachfront (BeachPlace, Elbo Room, Rock Bar) and downtown SW 2nd St. bars. The more upscale young adults tend to go to downtown Fort Lauderdale to YOLO, Vibe, Solita, Riverfront (Living Room , Off the Hookah, etc.), to Whiskey Blue and Living Room at the W or to South Beach in Miami. Blue Martini at Galleria Mall has a slightly older upscale crowd.

The more upscale young adults tend to go to downtown Fort Lauderdale to YOLO, Vibe, Solita, Riverfront (Living Room , Off the Hookah, etc.), to Whiskey Blue and Living Room at the W or to South Beach in Miami. Blue Martini at Galleria Mall has a slightly older upscale crowd.

Hahaha! We love Blue Martini! Then again we also love to dance late night at Cafe Martorano (did you see Steve on Real Housewives of Miami?).

Can't remember what nightclub we were all at in Fort Lauderdale over boat show. We were in VIP and had a blast but it was definitely a nightclub.

Thanks! Wow, I should have come here for recommendations long ago! I've spend so much time googling and on yelp trying to figure out where the great places are. I wish we had more than 1 night in town now!

LOL - yea its a great place to live.....your more than welcome. Hope you have a great time both in Lauderdale and on your cruise!!! ;)

Hahaha! We love Blue Martini! Then again we also love to dance late night at Cafe Martorano (did you see Steve on Real Housewives of Miami?).

Can't remember what nightclub we were all at in Fort Lauderdale over boat show. We were in VIP and had a blast but it was definitely a nightclub.

Notice that I wrote "slightly" older re:Blue Martini, LOL!:D

I think Ft. Lauderdale's newest club is Vibe, which is next to YOLO and the O Lounge (same owners). I haven't been out in the club scene for a looooooooooooooooooong time.;)

Thanks for the help everyone! Can't wait to check out the city!

I ended up booking a 3.5 star, Las Olas/Downtown hotel on Hotwire and got The Embassy suites and it seems like a good area to be in :)

Thanks for the help everyone! Can't wait to check out the city!

I ended up booking a 3.5 star, Las Olas/Downtown hotel on Hotwire and got The Embassy suites and it seems like a good area to be in :)

The hotel is on 17th St, near the port. Hotwire and Priceline call it downtown, but it isn't really. There isn't much nightlife around unless you want to hang out at the Irish Pub or at Lauderdale Grill. The real downtown/Las Olas area is about 2-3 miles away....take a taxi.

Archived