Questions for an Oceania Newbie

Creepella

I've been on other cruise lines, but my upcoming Mediterranean on Marina will be my first time on Oceania, and I'm trying to get a handle on this line's differences:

1. Is there a formal night? Any sort of dress code night aside from the normal dining room restrictions?
  2. Do we have to make reservations for the specialty restaurants or can we play it by ear?
  3. Is there karaoke?
  4. Is there any open area at the back of the ship where I can wake watch?
  5. Is there anything else I should be aware of that will be different from what I'm used to?
  6. Is there raw sushi available?

TIA

I drafted a lengthy reply but the system says I need at least 3 letters to post!

So I will try again without quoting your questions ...

No formal nights period. The clothing standard is "country club casual" -- no jeans, t-shirts, etc., at dinner time in the main restaurants (the buffet is okay) although you can sport them at lunch time.

And you do need reservations for the specialty restaurants but they generally aren't all that hard to get. You might not have a choice of time or date, but you should be able to get them.

I've been on other cruise lines, but my upcoming Mediterranean on Marina will be my first time on Oceania, and I'm trying to get a handle on this line's differences:

1. Is there a formal night? NONE Any sort of dress code night aside from the normal dining room restrictions? Just for the dining venues
  2. Do we have to make reservations for the specialty restaurants or can we play it by ear? You cannot just show up at the specialty restaurant if that is what you mean but you can wait to book until you board or each morning check if they have openings for that evening
  3. Is there karaoke? YES
  4. Is there any open area at the back of the ship where I can wake watch? YES book one of the cabins back there ;) or the Terrace has open deck
  5. Is there anything else I should be aware of that will be different from what I'm used to?
  6. Is there raw sushi available? YES in the TERRACE for dinner

TIA

Not sure what you are use to but other differences are:

no charge for sodas, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso

Archived