Limo Service in Vancouver

phinn

This Alaska cruise is our "Once in a lifetime vacation that's been a dream for years". I have spent hours over the planning for the past 12 months. One thing I want to do for DH is surprise him with transfer from YVR to the Pan Pacific by reserving a stretch limo for the two of us. Currently I have a reservation with Aerocar service, however, in making it, I specified I wanted a stretch limo and was told I would get the "smallest one". When I asked her to verify it was a stretch limo, she repeated it would be her smallest one. Their website shows a towncar as one of the vehicles. I don't want that. We will be bringing at least 3 good size suitcases plus our carryon. I really want the limo effect to start off our vacation and am willing to pay for it. Has anyone had just two people in a stretch limo? Do you think I should cancel this reservation and go with another company? Feedback appreciated.

Does it matter to you if the driver puts a suitcase in the front seat with him?

You're looking for a once in a lifetime experience. Pay the extra $50 for a meet n greet.

Pay the extra $25 to reserve a specific vehicle type (stretch limo) if that's important to you.

I'm not suggesting you need meet n greet but am suggesting it's part of the experience you're looking for.

Edited by Lookingforfacts

I actually am paying for meet and greet. It's the type of car I'm interested in. I really wanted to have a stretch limo. Maybe I'm being to picky, but for the money I'm paying I'd like to be sure I'm getting what I ask for. Wondering if anyone has had experience with Aerocar?

Aerocar lets you reserve a specific model or vehicle type. The charge is $25. Their website lists Lincoln Stretch Limo.

People in this board seem to be using the train with an occasional poster grabbing a taxi. I suspect very few posters have reserved a stretch limo.

Maybe one of the Vancouver posters can comment on the overall reliability and reputation of of Aerocar.

If Aerocar won't guarantee you your specific request for a Stretch, then look elsewhere. I've had no personal experience with them, but friends speak highly of Ritz - http://www.ritzlimos.com/index.html

Speak to them personally and explain that this is a special event, and just any car will not do!

Good luck....

Clearly for AeroCar permits you to reserve a specific size of vehicle for an extra fee. I would check back with another person at AeroCar and make your concerns known. The are a reliable carrier, they have the limo contract for YVR and I have never read or heard of a problem with them. However if you do not get the assurances that you want then here are links to a couple of other operators that have a good track record.

http://www.starlimousine.com/index.php

http://www.excellimousine.ca/about

• 11 months later...
Clearly for AeroCar permits you to reserve a specific size of vehicle for an extra fee. I would check back with another person at AeroCar and make your concerns known. The are a reliable carrier, they have the limo contract for YVR and I have never read or heard of a problem with them. However if you do not get the assurances that you want then here are links to a couple of other operators that have a good track record.

http://www.starlimousine.com/index.php

http://www.excellimousine.ca/about

Thanks for all the excellent info you've provided. Be assured that it is sincerely appreciated by the less well-informed like I.

I understand from this thread and others:

• it's cheaper not to pre-reserve with AeroCar
  • When I arrive at Canada Place, I will ask the dispatcher at the terminal for a limo, tell him how many passengers and which cruise ship we're from.
  • The limo will then be dispatched and will meet our group of 6 at or near the curbside door
  • He will then take us to the airport (about a 40 minute drive)
  • We will pay the limo driver the going rate + 12% tax + tip

Would you kindly verify that the above information is correct?

Thanks,

Doug.

Thanks for all the excellent info you've provided. Be assured that it is sincerely appreciated by the less well-informed like I.

I understand from this thread and others:

• it's cheaper not to pre-reserve with AeroCar
  • When I arrive at Canada Place, I will ask the dispatcher at the terminal for a limo, tell him how many passengers and which cruise ship we're from.
  • The limo will then be dispatched and will meet our group of 6 at or near the curbside door
  • He will then take us to the airport (about a 40 minute drive)
  • We will pay the limo driver the going rate + 12% tax + tip

Would you kindly verify that the above information is correct?

Thanks,

Doug.

Yes

I would add that the dispatcher and line of limo's are together right outside international arrivals on the street. I have never used limo's from "Domestic" exit but I assume they can be found there also. :)

Edited by LeftcoastBC

• 1 year later...

This thread was brought forward by a company and removed likely because it was not suitable ."

However since I was subscribed to it I got a chance to read my last post.

The info I said is correct does not apply to the Location of CANADA place. But the airport.

Sorry if that caused any confusion..usually somebody will correct my blunders on transportation...:cool: