RCL Booking Question

Is it possible that there may be more cabins available if you call RCL rather than booking online? The reason I am asking is because I would really like to book on the Navigator of the Seas for the end of the month but would like a balcony. The website currently only shows inside and outside cabins available but I was wondering if I called RCL if they may possibly still have some balconies. I would book an inside cabin but the price has jumped $200 per person since Saturday, which is not really worth the price to me. Has anyone experienced better luck booking over the phone? Thanks!

Your Balcony Cabins go quickly so chances of one being available so close to cruise time would be slim, unless there is a cancellation. Your best bet to getting a balcony cabin of your choice, is to book upon opening dates of the cruise. I also would imagine, if Travel Agents have any on hold, the cruise lines will need them back by a certain date so they can sell them.

It was my recent experience while booking Explorer that RCI's website showed limited cabins available. However, when I checked a certain Jet(color)'s website, there were many more cabins available. So when I was ready, I called RCI and booked the cabin I wanted that was NOT listed on RCI's website.

So, it's possible.

Dorothy

Is it possible that there may be more cabins available if you call RCL rather than booking online? The reason I am asking is because I would really like to book on the Navigator of the Seas for the end of the month but would like a balcony. The website currently only shows inside and outside cabins available but I was wondering if I called RCL if they may possibly still have some balconies. I would book an inside cabin but the price has jumped $200 per person since Saturday, which is not really worth the price to me. Has anyone experienced better luck booking over the phone? Thanks!

Very unlikely that if the website shows no availability there are cabins even if you call.

If you were farther away from the cruise date, there are some websites that will show as many as 20 cabins available instead of the few RCL's site shows.

Some believe because of the new price drop rules that it's better to wait until last minute to book.

This is an example of why that can be a bad idea

Happened to me with another cruise line. I had a question, called the 800 number, and the woman said, maybe you like the cabin #XXXX - I said, it's not available on-line, she said, no problem. I was happy :D

What do you have to lose? A few minutes of a free phone call?

Very unlikely that if the website shows no availability there are cabins even if you call.

If you were farther away from the cruise date, there are some websites that will show as many as 20 cabins available instead of the few RCL's site shows.

Some believe because of the new price drop rules that it's better to wait until last minute to book.

This is an example of why that can be a bad idea

I agree. There is more than likely no more cabins available. If it says N/A, there are no cabins available.

Archived