flavours of san juan or segway tour?

ruthgm

Hi there. We are cruising on carnival and will be in SJ from 7a to 3p. My husband is an architect and would love the architecture of the old city. We are thinking of the lunch Flavours of San Juan tour or the Segway tour. Which would you choose and why?

Definitely the Segway! It's SO much fun! Very easy. You get a very informative tour, with a few photo-op stops. If you take the 2 hr tour you will also spend time at El Morro, this amazing fort.

We did the 9 a.m. tour, and still had time to go back and walk OSJ at our leisure (download a walking tour of OSJ from the internet...I think we used Frommers). The architecture of the city is beautiful. Took a stop at Barrachinas, for a great Pina Colada. Shopped. It was a perfect day, with a little of everything.

No need to book through the ship. Book direct, online. Book early. It's very popular.

We just got back and did the dinner Flavors of San Juan Tour...It was AWFUL!!:eek: We really felt taken advantage of....the food was bad...and the tour is done by a young girl who has been in PR for 9 months and doesn't even speak Spanish!! Do yourself a favor and do the segway!!!!:D

Ruth, I want you to take the Segway tour just so I can hear about it! lol I'm going to have to go back on this itinerary just so I can do all the excursions you are doing this time. If I hadn't run out of excursion budget already I'd go on Segway.

Hi there. We are cruising on carnival and will be in SJ from 7a to 3p. My husband is an architect and would love the architecture of the old city. We are thinking of the lunch Flavours of San Juan tour or the Segway tour. Which would you choose and why?
When I contact the company last fall they said that if a Celebrity ship was in port that day then they are committed to the Celebrity passengers. So check the port shedule.

We took the 2 hr tour, and still were left wanting for................MORE. I would definitely recommend the 2 hr tour. Also, with this one, you get to visit El Morro fort, and it includes the admission price, and a good guided explanation inside the fort. This is such a fun excursion!

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators
We just got back and did the dinner Flavors of San Juan Tour...It was AWFUL!!:eek: We really felt taken advantage of....the food was bad...and the tour is done by a young girl who has been in PR for 9 months and doesn't even speak Spanish!! Do yourself a favor and do the segway!!!!:D

Hello:

Cruise Critic has received the following response from the MANAGERIAL TEAM at Flavors of San Juan Tour. Cruise Critic is happy to post official responses from companies if they are forwarded to us via an official company email domain. It is copied below in its entirety:

Dear Reba954:

We are sorry to hear of your experience. If you had mentioned to us on tour or afterwards that you were unsatisfied we would have offered a full refund or another type of compensation.

All our food tours showcase Puerto Rico’s local multi-cultural flavors, ethnic history and heritage of the city and the island, and purposely steers clear of “tourist traps.” Your tour’s group sampled Puerto Rican fried chicken, fresh mango smoothies, sweet fried plantains, pina coladas with Don Q rum, Sancocho (a hearty Puerto Rican stew), five types of craft beer, traditional rice and beans, plantain and root vegetable soup, tostones stuffed with beef and chicken, topped off with Puerto Rican flan paired with Café con Leche (local coffee). I’m sorry that those tastings did not suit you. We understand that everyone’s palate is different.

We also take pride in our tour guides, who live in Old San Juan and are part of the local fabric of daily life and understand the ins and outs of the city and island life. We are sorry you were disappointed your tour guide is originally from the states, but we feel this doesn’t lessen her knowledge of the city’s rich history, ability to entertain and share the beauty of Old San Juan and delicious food with our valued guests.

We hope next time you're in San Juan you'll give us another shot!

Warm regards,

Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours

We just got back this week from our cruise, and our party of 14 did the Flavors of San Juan Tour with Pauline and it was absolutely the best tour that I have ever taken! Great food in unique places that we never would have found on our own, and the walking tour gave us all a great introduction on how to navigate Old San Juan. Next day the couples set out on their own to explore some more based on what we learned. I just cannot recommend Flavors of San Juan more! All 14 of us that the tour was excellent

Archived