bring sand toys on RCI cruise w/ 3 yr old?

HokieK

Hi, we're taking our 3 yr old on a RCI Enchantment of the Seas cruise to Bermuda in October 2011. Can I bring sand toys on board in my luggage so that he'll have something to dig with/make castles while on the beach? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance!

I just did this for our Disney Cruise. I got some buckets, shovels, and sand molds at the dollar store and put them in our suitcases. My kids had a blast playing on the beach, and it was a great way to get them playing with other kids as they were willing to share. They played with their new friends all day long.

Sure, folks do it all the time. Stuff clothes, underwear, socks, bathing suits, etc...into the bucket in your suitcase, so no room is wasted! Little kids are also happy with cups, spoons, shells, sticks, etc....doesn't take "storebought" to please them !

I am leaving on Saturday for RCCL Bermuda cruise with my 3 year old twins. I ordered the "kids pack" from their gifts section. It comes with sand chair, toys, etc. in a mesh bag. They deliver it to your stateroom. It was relatively inexpensive and beats the hassle of dragging that stuff yourself.

thanks everyone! We are driving to our port so it's not a problem of flying with the sand toys...more of a concern with the cruise ship people not letting us bring them on (ie "this shovel is a weapon"). LOL! I have a very active 3 year old son so without something to do at the beach, we'd all go crazy. Now I'm looking forward to this cruise even more!

I think I remember seeing them for purchase in the rental place at Horseshoe Bay (someone on the Bermuda board would know better). My son befriended a local family who were happy to share their toys :) We loved the lagoon area at HSB. There is a pharmacy in the dockyard that also carried beach items if I recall correctly.

Archived