Milestone credit – on a chartered sailing?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Tom and Cheryl Enjoy your Cruise even if you cannot get the Milestone Credit on the Charter. I look forward to your usual fine review! I sure could not hurt to try and get the Milestone advantage. You 2 are very good customers.

Thanks. No doubt, with or without the OBC, this will be one Rockin' boat!!

:D

Tom

I just received the "official" response from Carnival today regarding my request for Milestone credit on our 4/28 VH1 cruise:

Hello Thomas,

Hope you are well. I wanted to follow up with you regarding Cheryl and her Milestone credit. We have honored the Milestone reward program for this charter and have successfully added an onboard credit in the amount of $599.50 under Cheryl’s onboard account.

If you run into any issues with this please do not hesitate to contact me either via email or during the sailing as I will be in attendance. Thank you and wish you a very safe and pleasant cruise.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Account Executive, Charters & Incentive Service

WOW!! :D

Tom

Thanks for updating us ... for the rest of the story.

50 milestone right? Im glad you are pleased. .. You deserve it.

Yep - 50. Though technically I am THREE sailings behind Cheryl in the cruise count - after our Valor sailing I should receive my 50% letter. This would have been more valuable if we had kept our 15-day Hawaii sailing. At that point we BOTH would have been cashing in, and the total would have approached $3,000 in OBC!

Still - $600 OBC for this sailing will be NICE. I was really surprised that they came through for a chartered sailing!! :)

Tom

Yep - 50. Though technically I am THREE sailings behind Cheryl in the cruise count - after our Valor sailing I should receive my 50% letter. This would have been more valuable if we had kept our 15-day Hawaii sailing. At that point we BOTH would have been cashing in, and the total would have approached $3,000 in OBC!

Still - $600 OBC for this sailing will be NICE. I was really surprised that they came through for a chartered sailing!! :)

Tom

I thought all along they would......afterall you do own the booking regardless of who your purcahsed it thru......and it is a cruise on a Carnival ship so therefore it would count!

Congrats and enjoy!

I thought all along they would......afterall you do own the booking regardless of who your purcahsed it thru......and it is a cruise on a Carnival ship so therefore it would count!

Congrats and enjoy!

On one hand I thought exactly as you described. On the other, though there likely exists no explicit loophole which Carnival could use to exclude this type of situation, I felt they might "create" one.

So - I am not only pleased that we did receive it. I am pleased that they honored the terms!

Tom

I just received the "official" response from Carnival today regarding my request for Milestone credit on our 4/28 VH1 cruise:

Hello Thomas,

Hope you are well. I wanted to follow up with you regarding Cheryl and her Milestone credit. We have honored the Milestone reward program for this charter and have successfully added an onboard credit in the amount of $599.50 under Cheryl’s onboard account.

If you run into any issues with this please do not hesitate to contact me either via email or during the sailing as I will be in attendance. Thank you and wish you a very safe and pleasant cruise.

Regards,

XXXXXXXXX

Account Executive, Charters & Incentive Service

WOW!! :D

Tom

Big KUDOS to you both. . .Excellent result!!! :)

I know Cheryl is a very organized person, so I'm going to mail her two quarters, so that it'll end up a nice round number. :p :p

Again, Congrats!!!

Btw, have y'all sailed on the Celebrity Eclipse (or sister ship) yet?

We are looking at January 2012 if the Blogger's Cruise out of Galveston isn't an option.

The way I looked at the plans....1668 has cabins above and below....

am I looking at that correctly?

thanks

Big KUDOS to you both. . .Excellent result!!! :)

I know Cheryl is a very organized person, so I'm going to mail her two quarters, so that it'll end up a nice round number. :p :p

Again, Congrats!!!

... uh.... two quarters and FOUR Benjamins would be an even rounder number! :D

Tom

Btw, have y'all sailed on the Celebrity Eclipse (or sister ship) yet?

We are looking at January 2012 if the Blogger's Cruise out of Galveston isn't an option.

thanks

We have been on the Solstice. It was a stunning ship. We BOTH definitely want to get back on another Solstice class ship in the not too distant future!

I was going to post a pic or two, and JUST realized that I never put them on our SmugMug page!! :eek:

I'll take a look at the plans in a bit! (You would LOVE one of those ships!)

Tom

YEP - it's safely sandwiched there! That cabin next to it (Sky Suite) looks like a winner too! :D

We were in 1620 (or was it 1618!) on the Solstice - PLENTY of space!

Tom

Archived