What to expect? Skipping ports?

Hello,

My husband and I will be cruising on the Freedom of the Seas starting April 24. We're scheduled to visit Cococay, St Thomas, and St Martaan. When we visited the latter two in Nov, we made every stop. I was just wondering what to expect for this time of year. Is the weather typically rough in late April? I know one can never really know what will happen, but I'm just wondering whats typical.

Thanks!

We are sailing with you and I can hardly wait any longer!!! Our 1st cruise on the Mariner was Western and we had to skip Labadee - that was when Haiti was going through a period of unrest. Our last cruise (1st as a family), we caught the tail end of a tropical storm and experienced rain and pretty rough seas. That was also Western. So....with all that being said, we are hoping for wonderful weather and to experience new islands and especially Cococay . Hope you enjoy your trip!

The weather in April is usually great there. If you want to be adventurous this time and see something new, take the Red Hook ferry from St. Thomas to St. John and go snorkeling in that national park. Much more fun, cheaper and more time on St. John than the ship's excursion.

Not much new on Coco Cay but my advice for St. Maarten is to rent a car at the dock and explore. We visited the French village of Marigot (an increadible hilltop fortress there provides an amazingh view of other Caribbean islands. Then we had an amazing French lunch on the waterfront in Grand Case at LeTastevin, followed by a swim a little farther down the road at the famous Orient Beach.

Finished up the easy drive by following the main road back to Philipsburg where the the ship docks for some last-minute souvenir shopping.

Have fun!

We just got off the Freedom on the Eastern route. The weather was perfect!! Sunny days and smooth seas.

This was the first time in 3 trips that we were actually able to stop in Coco Cay. My only complaint was that the water at the beach in all stops was a little chilly--but I'm from Florida so we like our beaches and pools 85 degrees or warmer. :D

We just got off the Freedom on the Eastern route. The weather was perfect!! Sunny days and smooth seas.

This was the first time in 3 trips that we were actually able to stop in Coco Cay. My only complaint was that the water at the beach in all stops was a little chilly--but I'm from Florida so we like our beaches and pools 85 degrees or warmer. :D

Glad to hear that the weather was good. I'll be on the Navigator in less than two weeks (YAY!!!! :D) and was wondering how the weather will be.

At this time of year, the seas are pretty much smooth and you normally do not miss any ports. If it rains, it usually happens in the late afternoons and normally on the islands it is passing rain.

Do not worry you should make all three ports. Enjoy.

Archived