Cabo must see???

Momma Mojito

• 2 weeks later...
We are considering a Mexican Riveria cruise next fall and would like to know what we must see and do when we visit Cabo? Sites.. Excursions...Beachs.. Shopping ...and can't forget Restaurants. Thanks

I've been watching your post for a while, and hoped someone else would chime in.

Your question (IMO) is just too broad. It could take pages to answer.

My DW and I have discovered that most folks here are both generous and knowledgeable, and in that light I might suggest that you ask for information one topic at a time. Excursions, then Beaches, then Shopping...etc...and try to be specific. Shopping for instance. Some folks like jewelry, but some like high-end, and some like low-end.

I'm sorry if I was not helpful, please keep trying, but you might have more success if your start a new thread each time. Most (many) of us will try to help, I am fairly certain.

Too....be sure to do a search. Some of your questions may have been asked and answered several times over.

I've been watching your post for a while, and hoped someone else would chime in.

Your question (IMO) is just too broad. It could take pages to answer.

My DW and I have discovered that most folks here are both generous and knowledgeable, and in that light I might suggest that you ask for information one topic at a time. Excursions, then Beaches, then Shopping...etc...and try to be specific. Shopping for instance. Some folks like jewelry, but some like high-end, and some like low-end.

I'm sorry if I was not helpful, please keep trying, but you might have more success if your start a new thread each time. Most (many) of us will try to help, I am fairly certain.

Too....be sure to do a search. Some of your questions may have been asked and answered several times over.

Gee sorry I didn't narrow my question to each individual subject. but I meant sites to SEE!!!

Cabo is beautiful port...depending on how much time you have there and your interests you should enjoy your visit. Cabo San Lucas is the port city...you will tender to marina, and if you want to go fishing this is great port for that. YOu can also just walk down marina, and barter with glass bottom boat owners (if you don't want to do excursion) for trip to the Arch, see sealions, and visit Lovers or Divorce Beach.....the Sea of Cortez and Pacific meet just past the Arch. If you like snorkling, you can do that at Lovers Beach, or take excursion to other beaches. Personally, if you have the time, I would recommend taking taxi or excursion to San Jose del Cabo.....it is quiet, village with great restaurants and craft or jewerly stores. There are lots of excursions, based on your interest....and if you just want to take tender to marina, you can explore flea market right by the tender area.....bartering is fun. There are lots of great restaurants on the marina, shops along the way,.,,..be prepared for the people that will ask you to purchase their wares.

Have a great time.....we will be stopping in Cabo on our cruise too, looking forward to it!

Cabo is beautiful port...depending on how much time you have there and your interests you should enjoy your visit. Cabo San Lucas is the port city...you will tender to marina, and if you want to go fishing this is great port for that. YOu can also just walk down marina, and barter with glass bottom boat owners (if you don't want to do excursion) for trip to the Arch, see sealions, and visit Lovers or Divorce Beach.....the Sea of Cortez and Pacific meet just past the Arch. If you like snorkling, you can do that at Lovers Beach, or take excursion to other beaches. Personally, if you have the time, I would recommend taking taxi or excursion to San Jose del Cabo.....it is quiet, village with great restaurants and craft or jewerly stores. There are lots of excursions, based on your interest....and if you just want to take tender to marina, you can explore flea market right by the tender area.....bartering is fun. There are lots of great restaurants on the marina, shops along the way,.,,..be prepared for the people that will ask you to purchase their wares.

Have a great time.....we will be stopping in Cabo on our cruise too, looking forward to it!

Thank you so much for you help. This sounds like something that we will very much consider doing. One question? My Dh is not as adventoruus as I am and with all the things that are going on in Mexico, how safe do you feel the taxi ride to San Jose del Cabo. Both times when we were in Cozumel we hired a taxi driver to take us around... It has to be one of my best memories of our cruises. I would do something like this again, but DH just isn't too sure of the safety doing this again.

We got back from the MR last month and I did not care for Cabo too much at all. Super touristy and more Americanized than other ports. BUT, we did find a lovely resort and hung out there for the day and had a wonderful time. It's super easy to get to from the tender area and is called Finisterra (if you do a google search, you will find their website). It's about a 5 minute walk.

If you're looking for a quiet place to relax by the pool, hang in a hammock, lay out on the beach, have amazing Mexican food, this is the place :) Be warned though, you cannot go in the water at this beach...the waves are too big and surf too rough.

They had no problem with us using their facilities and charged us no fees.

Hope that helps! :)

We got back from the MR last month and I did not care for Cabo too much at all. Super touristy and more Americanized than other ports. BUT, we did find a lovely resort and hung out there for the day and had a wonderful time. It's super easy to get to from the tender area and is called Finisterra (if you do a google search, you will find their website). It's about a 5 minute walk.

If you're looking for a quiet place to relax by the pool, hang in a hammock, lay out on the beach, have amazing Mexican food, this is the place :) Be warned though, you cannot go in the water at this beach...the waves are too big and surf too rough.

They had no problem with us using their facilities and charged us no fees.

Hope that helps! :)

Did you contact them ahead of time, or just walk there and ask? Was the food/drink pricey there?

Michelle

The taxis in Cabo are all safe, just be sure you verify cost before getting in...should be $35-40 for two. All taxis are vans, so larger groups can go together. Another option is, take taxi from marina (you catch them, a block off actual marina) to bus stop, for couple dollars..,they run frequent A/C buses between both cities for couple of dollars each way. You will find San Jose del Cabo less touristy, quieter than Cabo San Lucas. By taxi about 20 minutes, bit longer by bus....but, bus is less$$ and more interesting (colorful, with locals hopping on and off!)

Both cities are safe to walk around.....locals do harass you to buy things; watch out for timeshare guys! Most shops expect you to barter, which also can be fun. There are nice art and jewerly stores mixed in with tourist souvenior shops....and great mexican or fish restaurants.

Hope you have fun!:)

This is a MUST SEE. Every Four Years for one month the tide recedes and you can actually walk under the arch. The sand is approximately 3 feet above the water level. It started last Wednesday the 13th. Take advantage of this opportunity and make sure you bring your camera.

This is a MUST SEE. Every Four Years for one month the tide recedes and you can actually walk under the arch. The sand is approximately 3 feet above the water level. It started last Wednesday the 13th. Take advantage of this opportunity and make sure you bring your camera.

When does this start?

I agree! We spent a week in Cabo for our 10th anniversary. We were so surprised that we could walk through the arch because my brother and his wife were there 2 months prior and they couldn't. It was awesome!

Did you contact them ahead of time, or just walk there and ask? Was the food/drink pricey there?

Michelle

Nope, we just walked over and went in :) My friend had asked one of the employees on the ship what would be a good family-friendly place to go and they recommended Finisterra. I don't remember the price of the food or drinks but I will say that the food was VERY good! We weren't surprised by the prices...I know that much. So I'm guessing they were in line with normal American restaurants :)

Nope, we just walked over and went in :) My friend had asked one of the employees on the ship what would be a good family-friendly place to go and they recommended Finisterra. I don't remember the price of the food or drinks but I will say that the food was VERY good! We weren't surprised by the prices...I know that much. So I'm guessing they were in line with normal American restaurants :)

Thanks for the information! We may just change our Medano Beach day to a Finisterra pool/beach day (yes, I know we can't go in the ocean there, but I have no plans on going in the ocean anyway...WAAAAAY too cold this time of year for this Arizona wimp!

Michelle

Thanks for the information! We may just change our Medano Beach day to a Finisterra pool/beach day (yes, I know we can't go in the ocean there, but I have no plans on going in the ocean anyway...WAAAAAY too cold this time of year for this Arizona wimp!

Michelle

Oh, and when I say "family friendly" I don't mean a bunch of loud kids running around the place :) There were only a couple of other kids we saw besides our own and they were all very well behaved. It was a very quiet resort and very relaxing (there are hammocks down by the beach too).

We are in Phoenix so I know what you mean about cold water! I'm used to my pool being about 80-85! We did a snorkeling excursion in Cabo (on the second day) and it was FREEZING cold and not very enjoyable.

Has anyone ever been to La Isla? It is a floating restaurant and they have snorkels etc, included. I found it on Cabo San Lucas Tours website. It looks very cool but also kind of small. Any input would be appreciated...thanks!

Oh, and when I say "family friendly" I don't mean a bunch of loud kids running around the place :) There were only a couple of other kids we saw besides our own and they were all very well behaved. It was a very quiet resort and very relaxing (there are hammocks down by the beach too).

We are in Phoenix so I know what you mean about cold water! I'm used to my pool being about 80-85! We did a snorkeling excursion in Cabo (on the second day) and it was FREEZING cold and not very enjoyable.

Thanks for the additional tips. A bunch of screaming kids running around is not appealing either. :rolleyes: We too are used to our pool being in the 80-85 range...won't even go in in it until it reaches at least 80, which is usually mid May.

One more thing regarding how you just walked in. Did you say anything to anyone when you walked in the lobby, or just headed down to the pool? I am trying to eliminate any embarrassment. :)

Thanks for the additional tips. A bunch of screaming kids running around is not appealing either. :rolleyes: We too are used to our pool being in the 80-85 range...won't even go in in it until it reaches at least 80, which is usually mid May.

One more thing regarding how you just walked in. Did you say anything to anyone when you walked in the lobby, or just headed down to the pool? I am trying to eliminate any embarrassment. :)

We didn't say anything to anyone...it was very easy to just walk through to the pool area and we even had our Carnival pool towels and no one cared at all. I think they were just pleased to have business. We did make sure to order drinks and food and tip the waiter nicely. (I think there may have been some cruise ship employees sitting around using their computers for internet access too...I always think it's a pretty good sign if the place has ship employees as customers :) )

I remember the pools were very comfortable...maybe a bit of a chill initially but they warmed up pretty quick and they also had a swim up bar too which was nice.

I know what you mean about avoiding embarrassment. Like I said, my friend is the one who had heard about this place. I was really nervous about just walking in and expected that someone would charge us a fee to be there for the day. But like I said, it was all very easy and they enjoyed having us there.

Also, when we were there, there was a local woman selling hand-painted pottery from a beautiful cart. She had the best stuff I had seen compared to all of the other places selling pottery in Cabo. And she was very friendly and her prices were good. She was painting her pottery right there in front of us. If you see something there that you like, I recommend getting it...you won't find the same stuff in the other shops :)

We didn't say anything to anyone...it was very easy to just walk through to the pool area and we even had our Carnival pool towels and no one cared at all. I think they were just pleased to have business. We did make sure to order drinks and food and tip the waiter nicely. (I think there may have been some cruise ship employees sitting around using their computers for internet access too...I always think it's a pretty good sign if the place has ship employees as customers :) )

I remember the pools were very comfortable...maybe a bit of a chill initially but they warmed up pretty quick and they also had a swim up bar too which was nice.

I know what you mean about avoiding embarrassment. Like I said, my friend is the one who had heard about this place. I was really nervous about just walking in and expected that someone would charge us a fee to be there for the day. But like I said, it was all very easy and they enjoyed having us there.

Also, when we were there, there was a local woman selling hand-painted pottery from a beautiful cart. She had the best stuff I had seen compared to all of the other places selling pottery in Cabo. And she was very friendly and her prices were good. She was painting her pottery right there in front of us. If you see something there that you like, I recommend getting it...you won't find the same stuff in the other shops :)

Thanks again. You have reassured me to the point we are definitely going to go the Finesterra on our beach day in Cabo. THANKS!

Archived