You would think....

buglver066

That after 5 cruises I wouldn't keep coming up with questions but I guess it doesn't work like that :rolleyes:. There's no better place to ask questions than here----I think you all know more than the people who work for Carnival ;). For now I have two questions that I need some help with.

1). We are leaving from the Port Of Miami and flying in that day (7am flight with no lay-overs anywhere in September so no chance of snow!) My questions is though----who has been to the port and can tell me if there are any stores near it? Flying means no car and I am thinking we are taking the shuttle over. I am taking a 1 1/2 year old with me and will need diapers. I don't want to bring them on the plane because then I have to pay to check them and I also don't want to put them in my luggage cause I'm already packing 4 people---I need all the space I can get. Is it possible to go somewhere around the port easily to get diapers (and soda and water?) I was also thinking that maybe I would just take a taxi from the airport instead and they could drop me by somewhere? Thoughts and suggestions are welcome :confused::confused::confused:????

2). I know everyone is allowed to take on a 12 pack of soda---and I know this question has been asked but I forget----is Red Bull considered in the 12 pack of soda?

Thanks!

That after 5 cruises I wouldn't keep coming up with questions but I guess it doesn't work like that :rolleyes:. There's no better place to ask questions than here----I think you all know more than the people who work for Carnival ;). For now I have two questions that I need some help with.

1). We are leaving from the Port Of Miami and flying in that day (7am flight with no lay-overs anywhere in September so no chance of snow!) My questions is though----who has been to the port and can tell me if there are any stores near it? Flying means no car and I am thinking we are taking the shuttle over. I am taking a 1 1/2 year old with me and will need diapers. I don't want to bring them on the plane because then I have to pay to check them and I also don't want to put them in my luggage cause I'm already packing 4 people---I need all the space I can get. Is it possible to go somewhere around the port easily to get diapers (and soda and water?) I was also thinking that maybe I would just take a taxi from the airport instead and they could drop me by somewhere? Thoughts and suggestions are welcome :confused::confused::confused:????

2). I know everyone is allowed to take on a 12 pack of soda---and I know this question has been asked but I forget----is Red Bull considered in the 12 pack of soda?

Thanks!

I may be wrong, but the 2 times I cruised from Miami, I did not notice any place to buy diapers. Instead of taking the Carnival shuttle, might I suggest a private company who can take you to a pharmacy / Walgreens before getting to the port. I'm sure others on CC can make some suggestions.

I think your Red Bull will be fine :)

Hope this helps and happy cruising!

Downtown, which is just before you go over the bridge to the port, had not one but two CVSs, and one Walgrens, lots of soda, diapers, whatever you need, but I doubt a shuttle would be stopping.

Iv never had the never to fly in the day of my cruise ...just not going to take the risk...how many times are planes delayed. I assume you got insurance to take this risk.

Where are you flying in to? I guess that it really wouldn't matter...I would agree that you should not plan on taking a shuttle and stopping any place. The shuttles that we have taken just take you straight to the Port. I think that a cab would be a better choice, although you will most likely have to pay for the "lost" time that you are in the store. I am sooo glad that my "diaper" days are over!

I not brave enough to fly in same day. We fly in before and priceline a room.

We ususally fly into Ft Lauderdale and unse QLS Transportation. There is a Target not to far from the Port. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where. We have two small kids as well and needed diapers. We told QLS what we needed when we made our reservations and they stopped and gave us about 15 minutes to get what we needed. We tipped the driver extra and everyone was happy.

Taxi fares from the airport to POM or POM to the airport are $24 ( flat rate ), much cheaper than shuttle fare for 3 or 4. Even if you have to make a stop and the driver uses the meter, it'll still be cheaper. Last month from POM to MIA, the driver for some reason turned on the meter. It showed $22 as he approached the airport and he then turned it off. I asked if the fare was $24 when we got out and he said yes. So if the metered fare is in the $24 vicinity, the meter will just add whatever it runs up to while you dash in to pick up your diapers.

Downtown, which is just before you go over the bridge to the port, had not one but two CVSs, and one Walgrens, lots of soda, diapers, whatever you need, but I doubt a shuttle would be stopping.

Iv never had the never to fly in the day of myh cruise ...just not going to take the risk...how many times are planes delayed. I assume you got insurance to take this risk.

Not that it has anything to do with my question but no. I did not get the travel insurance. I am also not able to put out the money to fly in the night or take the time off of work. Thank you for your response.

Thanks!

LOL... after 26 cruises we still sometimes have questions. Circumstances, rules and procedures change so we all need to ask questions all the time to have the right answers.:)

Not that it has anything to do with my question but no. I did not get the travel insurance. I am also not able to put out the money to fly in the night or take the time off of work. Thank you for your response.

Its only natural for folks to worry about you flying in last minute. I know on spirit I had the choice to arrive either at 9:45 pm or 7 am the next morning, and although I think 9:45 is much too late, decided to come on in the night before.

I do understand though if you couldnt get off from work and finances didnt permit it. sorry if me worrying offended you. Im a worrier.

There are plenty of drug stores to stop at downtown, right across from Bayside... though if you take a taxi, Im sure you will pass plenty of places to stop, just ask the driver.

:cool:

Its only natural for folks to worry about you flying in last minute. I know on spirit I had the choice to arrive either at 9:45 pm or 7 am the next morning, and although I think 9:45 is much too late, decided to come on in the night before.

I do understand though if you couldnt get off from work and finances didnt permit it. sorry if me worrying offended you. Im a worrier.

There are plenty of drug stores to stop at downtown, right across from Bayside... though if you take a taxi, Im sure you will pass plenty of places to stop, just ask the driver.

I'm a worried too and its driving me crazy to fly in that day. Our flight is direct and lands at 930 so I'm hoping we will be alright. Its also direct so mo chance of anything happening with a connection. This is actually the first time we have flown (we live in VA so its not a long drive) but with 2 kids we didn't want to do the drive this time. I am going to contact a company tmrw and see how it works with kids and carseats for the drive....thats my only other worry with not taking the shuttle.

I fly in the day of the cruise every time I cruise. Only had a problem last year when we had a blizzard here and I just changed my flight to fly in a couple days early. Bayside is right across the way from the port but I can't remember if they have a drugstore. I agree with other posters. Either take a cab or set up a ride with a private shuttle company prior to your cruise and tell them what your needs are. There are a lot of reasonably priced private car services

Keep in mind that September is in the middle of hurricane season and while you might not have to worry about delays leaving on your end, storms in FL could definitely be a problem.

Not to change the subject on you.

Have you thought of renting a car? We have two small children,and the last time we rented a car via Priceline ( I love Priceline for deals). We got the car for about $10 per day and just parked at the POM. It took care of the car seat and stopping in route issue. It also gives you some options if you have a late afternoon departing flight.

Flying into Ft Lauderdale and sailing out of the Miami on a 5 day the cost was about a push.

Another suggestion. Look at the park and stay before you leave. It may be just as cheap to spend the night at a hotel before you leave and take the shuttle over in the morning instead of parking at the airport. Parking for the week is included in the rate.

We have two small children and this makes it allot easier than getting up at 0 dark 30 to drive to the airport to catch a flight.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived