Drinks- Souvenir Glass

RedSox5

Hi-

If we order a drink that usually comes in a souvenir glass (the drink of the day, for example), but specify that we'd like it without the souvenir glass, is the drink the same price? Or is it cheaper?

We really don't need the souvenir glass but won't bother asking for a 'regular' glass if the price is the same. We can always just give back the souvenir glass, if that were the case and there was no price difference.

Thanks. :)

So if we just say that we don't want the souvenir glass they'll automatically charge us less? :confused:

We were just drinking here at home out of Pearl glasses. We ended up with four, then began asking for regular glasses (and specify house brand liquor, unless you want the more expensive). Yes, there's a price difference. Can't remember exactly what...maybe $2.

Bar set-up is where you order booze in advance for your cabin. You contact the ship at least 2 weeks in advance.

I hadn't heard of this until reading your comment. I just called and made the arrangements for my trip next week. It cost me $60 for a bottle of Bacardi but it will be in my room ready to go upon check-in and I can tote it around everywhere I go. This will be much cheaper than hitting the bar every night! Thanks for the tip

On a side note: I was told you can arrange this up to the day before your cruise.

SAY WHAT??!?! BAR SET-UP!?!

In all of the ranting and raving about booze and wine on here I haven't seen a single person mention this option!!! I think it's awesome!! Do you have to have a certain type of room or can anyone do this?

60 bucks for a bottle of rum feels like highway robbery, but it will be equal or less than the amount I would spend on multiple drinks at various bars. Ms belp and Jeebs thanks SO MUCH for the info! This thread is a prime example of why I am in love with CruiseCritic haha!

I'm gonna call NCL tomorrow!!

$60 does seem steep at first glance but it is cheap when you figure that a single drink with any brand name liquor is gonna run you around $10 a pop. 6 drinks isn't a whole lot for even a 3 day trip. Thats not even factoring in the fact that you can have it in your room.

I doubt you need a certain room. I have a balcony room booked, nothing extravagant.

What is the bar set-up? Also, I've read something about a drink package that "spring breakers" were taking full advantage of...what is this?

As I understand it the only drink package that is available is for groups of X number (can't recall the magic number, 20? 25?) and is only available if everyone in the group purchases the package.

Jeebs, I called NCL today to set it all up and the lady I spoke with said it was too late. I let her know that I'd been informed that I have until the day before I leave to make arrangements. She then gave me an email address for Group Sales. I emailed, received an email back asking me to call an 800 number. Called, got voicemail so I left a message. And now I wait....and wait......

So the question is: Who did you call/email to make arrangements? I'd LOVE to have that info!

Thanks!!

Jeebs, I called NCL today to set it all up and the lady I spoke with said it was too late. I let her know that I'd been informed that I have until the day before I leave to make arrangements. She then gave me an email address for Group Sales. I emailed, received an email back asking me to call an 800 number. Called, got voicemail so I left a message. And now I wait....and wait......

So the question is: Who did you call/email to make arrangements? I'd LOVE to have that info!

Thanks!!

The pre-ordered bar set up has always been a 2 week advance purchase. The other information about a day in advance, I believe to be incorrect.

I simply called the 800 number on the NCL website. Glad to hear that they got back to you and were able to make the arrangement.

I wonder if this two week business is an older policy that is no longer the case.

If you order a drink and get the souvenir glass; you can reuse it for your next drink at the cheaper price. Just ask them for a refill; they will wash the glass(or give you a new one) and charge the cheaper price. I think the souvenir glasses hold more than the normal glasses they use; so this is the way I do it. I also take it back to the cabin and bring it back the nest day to get a drink; never a problem.

Hope this helps.

I hadn't heard of this until reading your comment. I just called and made the arrangements for my trip next week. It cost me $60 for a bottle of Bacardi but it will be in my room ready to go upon check-in and I can tote it around everywhere I go. This will be much cheaper than hitting the bar every night! Thanks for the tip

On a side note: I was told you can arrange this up to the day before your cruise.

We have done the bar setup on both cruises we took with NCL and agree that it is a good arrangement. We did frequently mix a drink and carry our glasses with us when we left our cabin. However, I don't believe that you can tote the bottle around the ship with you. I believe that the bar setup is primarily intended for in-cabin use.

Archived