Beach for an Hour in Nassau

trishhersh

We (2 40-something women) were planning on going to a beach for about an hour and then go to the Frish Fry. Do you think Junkanoo beach that's on the way should be suitable? Don't need the amenities or the price of the hotel beaches for just an hour.

We (2 40-something women) were planning on going to a beach for about an hour and then go to the Frish Fry. Do you think Junkanoo beach that's on the way should be suitable? Don't need the amenities or the price of the hotel beaches for just an hour.

Junkanoo is the perfect solution.. it has loungers/ concession stands, restrooms and even music on weekends.. and is right next door to the fish fry.

It's been well maintain recently.

I was leaning towards going to Atlantis and Cabbage Beach. Then I found out about the strong waves and erosion at Cabbage Beach. So then I thought about the Sheraton for a while. However, my husband thinks it is too much to pay for the 5 of us since we would not be able to stay there very long (our ship pulls in at noon and we have to be back to get dressed for early dining..Elegant night). So I'm not sure what we are going to do now. :( So today I started considering Junkanoo. I feel bummed because I want to see the pretty turquoise water and the soft white sand. From what I have read Junkanoo is not like that. :( Anyway, we have to make up our mind soon. We need a plan so that we are not wasting the little time that we have there.

I was leaning towards going to Atlantis and Cabbage Beach. Then I found out about the strong waves and erosion at Cabbage Beach. So then I thought about the Sheraton for a while. However, my husband thinks it is too much to pay for the 5 of us since we would not be able to stay there very long (our ship pulls in at noon and we have to be back to get dressed for early dining..Elegant night). So I'm not sure what we are going to do now. :( So today I started considering Junkanoo. I feel bummed because I want to see the pretty turquoise water and the soft white sand. From what I have read Junkanoo is not like that. :( Anyway, we have to make up our mind soon. We need a plan so that we are not wasting the little time that we have there.

You won't miss seeing turquoise waters.. if the sun is shining the water will glisten and the sand at cabbage/atlantis is no different than the sand at junkanoo. (as a matter of fact, the water at cabbage is not as clear, since it's usually rough and mixed with sand).

Junkanoo has sections that are rocky.. but so do the other beaches. Depends on the season and the weather.

I wouldn't count out Junkanoo. water is gin clear and refreshing.

You won't miss seeing turquoise waters.. if the sun is shining the water will glisten and the sand at cabbage/atlantis is no different than the sand at junkanoo. (as a matter of fact, the water at cabbage is not as clear, since it's usually rough and mixed with sand).

Junkanoo has sections that are rocky.. but so do the other beaches. Depends on the season and the weather.

I wouldn't count out Junkanoo. water is gin clear and refreshing.

here's a pic of the water .. taken from junkanoo beach.

2894667360088662436S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We were in Nassau last April 7 on NCL Jewel. We were thinking of doing the Atlantis beach break but changed our minds when we got to Nassau. Junkanoo beach is nice... we felt safe when we were there. It was an easy walk from/to the cruise port.

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

Can anyone tell me how far it is to walk to the Fish Fry from Junkanoo? And walking directions to the beach and then onto the Fish Fry? We'll probably take a cab back but would like to walk up if possible!

The Fish fry is right next door to Junkanoo Beach.. They share the same beach. A football field maybe??

Junkanoo is the perfect solution.. it has loungers/ concession stands, restrooms and even music on weekends.. and is right next door to the fish fry.

It's been well maintain recently.

Do they have lockers for rent? Is Junkanoo safe? Is there a season for jellyfish? I don't want to encounter them while swimming.

Do they have lockers for rent? Is Junkanoo safe? Is there a season for jellyfish? I don't want to encounter them while swimming.

Junkanoo does not have lockers, and is as safe as any other city beach.

As for jellyfish, it depends on season, weather and other factors.. there' no telling if they will be there or not.. this holds true for any beach in the world.

Archived