Need help transporation sandiego to lax

grandmaa

The short answer is no, there is no transportation service to and from LAX and San Diego (at least public).

Cheapest per person is actually probably renting a 15 passanger van from a car rental agency and doing a one way drop off at LAX.

Second cheapest is probably renting a limo or doing a shared airport van ride system.

The Amtrak LA station is not close to LAX. LAX (like San Diego airport) has no mass transport to/from the airport (just asinine if you ask me). If you go public the bus is cheapest. Followed by Amtrak. Amtrak if a bit faster (5% maybe?), especially if you catch an express (they have one or two each day that make one or two less stops). Both the bus and Amtrak have stations "near" the airport. The greyhound bus depot in LA is not in a nice neighborhood (the amtrak stations isn't the greatest either). Onc you're at either of these stations you'll have to take another bus or cabs to the airport. The cabs will be very expensive between shear distance and traffic. I can't comment on any shuttles from the Amtrak Union Station in LA or the LA downtown Greyhound bus depot to the airport. I wasn't aware of any type of shuttle to/from the airport and the train or bus depot. I thought only regular city busses were available.

My personal choice would be for a limo. You could probably do it for about $30 a person and then you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Flyaway bus shuttle goes to/from Union Station to LAX every half hr. Costs $3pp. Agree with taking the Amtrac to Union fm San Diego then Flyaway with that many people.

Curious why this late date of looking to fly out of LAX instead of SAN for 13 people I assume after a cruise? You realize this will also take a goodly amount of time. Hope your flights are very late in the day!

Den

The problem was that we had transportation arranged but then the provider wanted to charge lots more money $200..because of the price of petrol..so we're looking at other options. Thanks all for your responses.

Archived