Do you sail CCL only? Just 4 fun.

DVC Sadie

As a general rule, for trips with kids I prefer Carnival and for adults-only trips I prefer Princess.

This being said, if there is an itinerary I like at a price I like I will try any line - with the possible exception of NCL.

Another question: would you be more loyal to a specific company if you could get credits towards platinum on any line? (ex Carnival/Princess/Hal/Cunard vs. RCI/Celebrity/Pullmantur/Azamara)?

Yeah... pretty much loyal to Carnival. My first cruise was on NCL and it was less than a sterling experience... found Carnival and I was happy... very happy.

I don't have to drive a Dodge to know that I really like a Chevy...

;)

IMO anyone who chooses to be brand exclusive misses out on too many opportunities that you can't get from just one brand of cruise line. Cruising is a lot more than just the Eastern/Western Caribbean or Bahamas and that is the market of the mass market lines.

Are you serious? We did a Eastern Med and Western Med (Greece, Turkey, Italy, Monaco, Barcelona) last summer on a mass market cruise line and will be doing Western Med (Spain/Catalunya, Italy, Southern France) with Carnival this summer and British Isles next summer on a mass market cruise line. You don't have to go on Oceania, Regent, Azamara, or European line to do cruises outside of the Caribbean/Bahamas/Alaska.

So far I have been loyal to Carnival with 12 cruises, but that is about to change. With Carnivals treatment of its solo passangers in decline I have been looking at other lines to spend my cruising money with. 200% single supplement for all cabins and only getting half the advertised OBC for FCCs and specials even after paying the same as 2 people. Pretty low class way to treat its Platinum solo passanger base as far as I am concerned. :mad:

I am Milestone on Carnival, and Platinum on Royal Caribbean, but have also sailed Holland America, NCL and Celebrity multiple times as well as several other cruise lines that no longer exist.

Most folks know our story...our son is now 19 and has Autism. The bottom line is that he is comfortable on Carnival.

But as soon as he feels ready, I would love to try Oceania and Celebrity.

I am so very glad that your son found a cruiseline that he enjoys.

On our last cruise with Celebrity we talked with a family who had a daughter with autism who would only cruise that line and her parents were waiting for her to feel comfortable cruising other lines.

I think it is wonderful for families to find a cruiseline that works for them. :)

So far I have been loyal to Carnival with 12 cruises, but that is about to change. With Carnivals treatment of its solo passangers in decline I have been looking at other lines to spend my cruising money with. 200% single supplement for all cabins and only getting half the advertised OBC for FCCs and specials even after paying the same as 2 people. Pretty low class way to treat its Platinum solo passanger base as far as I am concerned. :mad:

With the new solo cabins aboard the Epic on NCL that might be a good fit for you. I, too travel solo (sometimes) and I know that I am looking forward to trying that ship.

As a general rule, for trips with kids I prefer Carnival and for adults-only trips I prefer Princess.

This being said, if there is an itinerary I like at a price I like I will try any line - with the possible exception of NCL.

Another question: would you be more loyal to a specific company if you could get credits towards platinum on any line? (ex Carnival/Princess/Hal/Cunard vs. RCI/Celebrity/Pullmantur/Azamara)?

No, I wouldn't be more loyal due to platinum credits, they don't mean that much to me. :)

If cruising solo I would cruise a different line due to the 100% supplement, and if we were bringing neices, nephews etc.. we would choose a different line. We pick cruiselines depending on the type of cruise we want for that particular cruise.

I've taken 3 DCL cruises and 1 Carnival. I have 3 Carnivals and 1 DCL booked. I really want to do Freedom of the Seas sometime in the next few years.

I'd be exclusive to the Mouse if he weren't so expensive. I had fun on my Carnival cruise and the price is right, but Carnival will never be my only or favorite line.

I was just curious how many people were brand specific when it comes to cruising?

Not me. I have yet to do my first Carnival Cruise this month. I certainly am not the type to stay with only one brand though.

From what I have been reading, I will assuredly love it but I can tell I would have probably have preferred Princess from what I read and heard from friends. Dont matter. Carnival happened to be going were we wanted on the dates we had available and the price difference was only about $80pp.

We aren't exclusive with CCL, but we prefer them. Went on two cruises (Glory and Pride) and then tried RCI. We are booked on the Dream in July. We are also booked on our first Celebrity (a Baltic cruise) in July of 2012 (which will be our first cruise without our three children).

Our experience with RCI sent us back to CCL pretty quickly. We find Carnival to be more like the trashy party girl than the classed-up pseudo-debutante: just a bit more fun. And when the clientele/food/itinerary is the same on both, why not go for the fun? :D

We have been brand specific mainly due to price, however this will be our last cruise we promised the kids they could go on a cruise so in June they get to go on the cruise they have been after. Possibly in 4 or 5 years we will look at cruising again, but not until then.

For us, as a family of 6, it's PRICE, PRICE, PRICE! :) When we were a family of 4, we sailed RCI and loved it. When it was just DH and me (to get away from the kids) we sailed NCL and loved it. And we just returned from our first Carnival cruise and...loved it. I think we're pretty easy to please :)

I'd LOVE to do a big RCI ship with the kids but it's just so much more expensive. And my DREAM cruise is a Disney Mediterranean (except that apparently they're pulling out of that itineary...BOOO) but that would be a vacation we would have to save up for for awhile. Ok, maybe Disney anywhere is my dream cruise! :)

We have only Cruised CCL because we enjoy them. I figure if it isn't broken..don't fix it. I think the bang for the buck is quite good. Then we realized just a few more and we will make Platinum, which we have now achieved. Time to give brand X a try. But over all I am Happy with Carnival.

I've been on Carnival more than all other lines combined, but I don't consider myself the slightest bit "loyal" to them. Our last cruise was on Louis but our next one is on the Magic. Each time we go to plan a cruise, we're starting from scratch. But Carnival is always price competitive for the itineraries that interest us, so they usually wind up on top.

We cruise mainly for the ports and the chance to relax in the sun, on vacation, by the pool and spend time together as a family. The more expensive lines don't give me any more of that, so it is likely that the majority of our cruises will continue to be with Carnival for the forseeable future.

But if another line was competitive on price and itinerary tomorrow, I could easily drop Carnival in a second, never come back and never miss it in the slightest.

My husband and I have sailed 18 times, all with Carnival. We have no interest in trying another line. Once we reached Platinum and got priority embarkation, it would be hard to wait in line on another cruise line. We are comfortable with Carnival and feel that it is a good value. They keep coming out with new ships and new itineraries so we are never bored. The next big cruise we are looking forward to is the Breeze in 2012 in the Mediterranian for our 40th anniversary.

With the new solo cabins aboard the Epic on NCL that might be a good fit for you. I, too travel solo (sometimes) and I know that I am looking forward to trying that ship.

I have been looking at sailing for the Epic, unfortunetly so far every time that the dates were right for me the solo cabins were fully booked. Still looking and have been hoping to book with them soon.

So far we've tried Carnival, Princess and Royal Caribbean. We're not likely to try Princess again any time soon, but Carnival and Princess have been great. If money was no object I probably would have booked Royal again for my upcoming cruise, but Carnival was a lot cheaper on a similar itinerary, so we booked with Carnival.

We would like itineraries that include Tunisia or Morocco from Barcelona from any line, so we're likely to try new ones still ;-)

Archived