Jacksonville cruisers

hlb76

I was looking at some Oct cruises out of Jax. As I was looking at prices for flights I see Southwest has some great $59 flights from Chicago. This might be too good to be true but would there be any way in hell you think I could make a 9:55 flight back home after we get off the ship?

We normally dont book anything earlier than noon but for those rates It was enough to make me ask!!!!

Even with self-assist, this could be iffy.

The port is about 20 minutes from JIA, on a good day.

JIA's main problem as a smallish airport is that the TSA checkpoint can back up in a hurry.

DW and I use JAX and SW for flights to Arizona for family visits. It's a great little airport and good savings on SW--(they have convertibles now too):D. Most Fascination cruises return on Thursday, so I would check the airline schedules and see how many other flights are leaving +/-2hours befor eyours. That'll give a sense if there might be a TSA backup.

But do self assist, pack light and get the early reservation/seat selection on SW to save some time and help you not to get there late and have to sit next to the bathrooms orin the last row with no recline.. And SW does have curbside check in for luggage but you need to be there an hour + before departure, I think.

I'd fly in the day before your cruise if at all possible, even if you have to pay alittle more for your flight.

You are missing the point. The OP is asking about flights after the cruise. EM

Archived