I go Costa because.......

Whitby Lass

I go Costa because it is fun....I like the itineraries, I find it good value for money, the relaxed laid back way of doing things suits me, I like people watching, I enjoy the odd sea day where I can just chill, I find the ships that I have been on to be older but spotlessly clean and well presented, I like the international flavour of the Costa cruises.

We don't do Costa anymore.Our last Costa cruise was the worst cruise we have been on.Thankfully we have just about got over it....... I think......This is an honest opinion...............We will never do another Costa cruise:mad::mad::mad: ....We have also cruised with Princess,Carnival and Royal Caribbean:):):) ....We got a £300 Refund after our TA looked into our complaints regarding THAT Costa cruise.Note this was the TA that gave us the refund not Costa.We did not get any response from Costa.We are Very happy to discuss it with you if you read this Costa Cruises.But I am sure you will contact me. Two very very unhappy Costa Cruisers

We don't do Costa anymore.Our last Costa cruise was the worst cruise we have been on.Thankfully we have just about got over it....... I think......This is an honest opinion...............We will never do another Costa cruise:mad::mad::mad: ....We have also cruised with Princess,Carnival and Royal Caribbean:):):) ....We got a £300 Refund after our TA looked into our complaints regarding THAT Costa cruise.Note this was the TA that gave us the refund not Costa.We did not get any response from Costa.We are Very happy to discuss it with you if you read this Costa Cruises.But I am sure you will contact me. Two very very unhappy Costa Cruisers

Thanks for posting, we hear it's a lot like MSC, and we didn't care for them either.

I go so that I can disprove all (well most of) the negative comments.

Ron

PS. Most of the negative comments are due to one of three reasons:

a. Didn't get a free cabin upgrade

b. No towel animals on the bed at night

c. No chocolate on the pillow

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Or better - didn't go on any Costa cruise at all. Just reads a lot.

Back on track - I go Costa because it has the right itinerary, the price is right, the cultural mix is good - and I am open minded - and have travelled Costa previously - and going again next week.

You have started a wonderful thread Whitby Lass - there are lots of us out here that share your sentiments. A good news thread is a tonic

I go because:

- Costa is the leader in opening up new route

- Exotic routes

- Great ships with range of various sizes

- International flavour

- Great and friendly crew

- Good pricing

- Great food (anything is better than cokking and washing up yourself)

- Love the drinks packages

- Brilliant CC Costa forum (family size and world wide)

- Hardly any towel animal

- No chocolate on my pillow (so I don't wake up next morning and think I have ear diarrhea)

- Love the chaotic Italian way of doing things (it works)

Ron

We did only 2 Costa cruise, but I prefer Costa because of the itineraries, online-booking with the possibility of booking the cabin you want and the really good price We prefer the international atmosphere with passengers of different nationalities instead of AIDAs only german speaking guests.

Best of all: I always have a laugh when watching italian officers strolling around the pool like roosters :D (sorry couldn't resist).

We have only taken 1 COSTA cruise so far, but we enjoy the unique atmosphere...

• Free, delicious breakfast cappuccino
  • European flair
  • Caffe Florian on Atlantica
  • Laid-back passengers
  • COSTA Chocolate dessert.... That counts for many points!
  • Offers some free cruises for kids
  • Always a GREAT price on Caribbean itineraries

I have told my husband that he should forbid me from cruising if I ever become a spoilt brat passenger :)

I will probably add to this list after our next experience in 2012.

PS: Ron, you are hilarious! :D

I strongly agree, COSTA IS THE GREATEST, have been on 3 costa cruises and our 4th coming up in September. We are Australians and enjoy the different cultures. Met some lovely german people on last cruise who couldnt speak much english and we likewise didnt speak german but we managed to communicate and had a great time.

We have also sailed other cruise lines, but the music in the paino bar on costa ships is just heavenly to sit and listen to and have coffee or port.

Costa have the best drinks packages.

There is so much positive to say about Costa and I can't find anything negative to say about them

Live music in every lounge every night!

Beautiful ships!

Wonderful service and impressive, educated crew! Love speaking with them!

Love hearing all the different languages!

International mix of passengers!

No unnecessary announcements!

No Video Diary!

I go so that I can disprove all (well most of) the negative comments.

Ron

PS. Most of the negative comments are due to one of three reasons:

a. Didn't get a free cabin upgrade

b. No towel animals on the bed at night

c. No chocolate on the pillow

:D:D:D:D

Sorry to prove you wrong, but...

P1010125.jpg

I got a towel animal on MY bed! And I LIKED it! :D

He even put my husbands sunglasses on him. Isn't he cute? Haha!

ITINARARIES full stop, everything else is a bonus. I have bveen places I would never have been without their variable itinararies, Indian Ocean,Madagascar,Maldives, Indonesia,Hong Kong,Borneo, Malayasia, The Gulf, and my favourite Komodo Island, love the dragons.

My only complaint is with Italian parents who think their little darlings are the next Fontaine (dancing) Sinatra ( singing) during the floor shows, plus they never shut up talking.I know some of us Brits are the same when they have had some booze, but they do it without.Anyway I can always switch off my hearing aids.

The ships are one offs completely different to P&O ,Princess etc.

I hate getting off the ship......left Costa Victoria yesterday after 3 magnificent weeks on board....roll on next April when I get back aboard Costa Classica for 37 equally magnificent days :D:D:D

Ron...you will LOVE Vicky...she is German built quality at its best....but there is an tiny issue with her that Costa have absolutely no control over. It won't spoil your cruise next year as you are a seasoned cruiser but it might be a minor irritation to others perhaps. I will explain all once the report is ready for posting (somewhen after I have done 3 weeks worth of laundry & caught up with the bills etc...should be Monday or Tuesday next week all being well).

Had a great time though, I love Costa cos they treat you like royalty, the food is excellent, service excellent, value for money (especially us solo's) is excellent and the itineraries are to die for :)

Ally,

Welcome back. Glad you really enjoyed the break.

I've waited so long I can hold out for a few days (especially as the weather is perfect).

Do your laundry, forget the bills and have a great Easter.

Ron

Archived