Interconiemtal Miami Hotel

bigsmooth

If you mean the IC on Chopin Plaza near the port,its a first class hotel.It is in a downtown area with not much there except Bayside market.Bayside is kinda touresty,outside market, but we like it.There is a Hooters,Hardrock Cafe, Bubba gump shrimp,and many other latin eaterys there, and shopping.The hotel rooms are real big,and clean.Just dont eat at the hotel,its expensive.You can get a good rate on Lastmintravel after the middle of April for around 100 a day through the summer.

Just stayed here before our 3/25/11 cruise. We got a very good half price deal through Last Minute Travel. At the price we paid we thought it was a good value. Didn't eat at the hotel except for bagels and coffee at a Starbucks in the lobby. The pool area was nice but many complain about the lack of sunshine in the afternoon due to the height of neighboring buildings. That didn't bother us as we knew we would be getting plenty of sun on our nine day cruise. It is right on Biscayne Bay, close to the port and adjoining Bayfront Park. On the other side of the park is the Bayside Marketplace with many bars and restaurants. There are also boat and city tours available if you are interested. It is an easy walk from the IC to Bayside and we ate at Bubba Gumps for lunch. That evening we did a tour to South Beach and ate at a Cuban Restaurant off of Lincoln Road (Car or Taxi Required). It was less than a $10 taxi ride the next morning to the port.

We stayed there end of October. Great hotel if you get it for a good price on last minute travel. Like the other posters said - just Bayside Market with chain restaurants and some cuban eatery. Nothing to really do unless you go down to South Beach. Get the bus a block away for I think it was $1.50 or $2.00 and takes you right over to Lincoln Road in South Beach to enjoy a nice night of food and people watching.

We stayed there end of October. Great hotel if you get it for a good price on last minute travel. Like the other posters said - just Bayside Market with chain restaurants and some cuban eatery. Nothing to really do unless you go down to South Beach. Get the bus a block away for I think it was $1.50 or $2.00 and takes you right over to Lincoln Road in South Beach to enjoy a nice night of food and people watching.

I thank everyone of you for all of the information:). Thanks so much.

the first time I stayed there I was upgraded to a bay view room. It was great waking up looking out my window and seeing my ship.

The second time I stayed there I had a city view room. While the room itself was ok, I was surprised how much outside noise I could hear in the room.

Given the choice, I'd pay the few dollars more for bay view.

Archived