Just Back Best Tips Ever!

I know this is a strange question, but can anyone tell me if there is access to an outside deck from the Empress Deck? We're cruising in May, but were unable to obtain a balcony room. Those little inside rooms make me crazy....

Seriously, people eat in the main dining room with shorts and tee shirts???????? I hope that is not true:eek:

I will have shorts on every night except formal night. collared shirt though

I will have shorts on every night except formal night. collared shirt though

Really? I suppose nice khaki shorts with a nice collared shirt could be nice. I don't know I guess I feel like the setting and food require more smart casual if not dressy. My opnion.

I will try and answer all the questions in one post. The Behind The Fun Tour was worth it for my son and husband. He is an engineer and my son plans to be. They love that kind of thing. It's $55.00 pp and you also each get a Carnival hat and an 8 x 10 photo with the captain.

We only ate in the main dining room for dinner twice and didn't see adults in shorts. Doesn't mean there weren't any just didn't see them. My husband wore nice jeans and a golf style shirt and saw many in the same. Not to knock the dining room but many of the same entrees are available in the Coconut Grove eating area and the service is much quicker and the dress more casual.

Half Moon Cay is awesome! I am not a beach girl (I am a pool girl) and I loved it. The snad is so soft and the water is so clear and clean. If you burn easy make sure to get a clam shell as soon as you get there. We rented a water bike for $25.00 for one hour. We also rented an intertube for $11.00 but did not use it. There are these huge (like enough for 6-8 people) floating mats out in the water and they are fun for adults and kids alike. The food is strictly hamburgers/hotdogs and jerk chicken. Some side salads lots of fruit and cookies. They do have servers walking the beach to take your adult beverage orders.

The store loyalty card or expired gift card whatever is to use on the safe. We kept our passports and extra cash in it. You can not use oyur room key. The card does need to have an active magnetic strip though.

I have all of the daily fun times (daily newspaper) for our cruise. I can scan them and email them to you if you like.

If you are interested I posted a review on this site with additional information. If you have specific questions please feel free to e-mail me at pkhallfrisch@yahoo.com

On some ships you use a magnetic stripe card (you arent supposed to use the room key) to open and close the safe.

Using an old gift card allows you to keep your credit cards locked up in the safe. We do this and leave the card somewhere in the room hidden.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to initially open the safe you need a magnetic card, but after that, it opens with the #'d code you set, so you can indeed put your wallet and credit card in the safe and open it up without a magnetic card as long as you remember the code you used.

This was our experience on the Pride, Spirit and Splendor.

Really? I suppose nice khaki shorts with a nice collared shirt could be nice. I don't know I guess I feel like the setting and food require more smart casual if not dressy. My opnion.

I was on Triumph once and they made a annoucement, they requested no wife beaters or baseball hats. I looked around at the next table, one guy had on one and the other had the other ... neither even winced at the request.

The only thing that I saw stopped was wearing your baseball hat backwards. I was told they thought it was a gang thing with the high schools kids doing it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to initially open the safe you need a magnetic card, but after that, it opens with the #'d code you set, so you can indeed put your wallet and credit card in the safe and open it up without a magnetic card as long as you remember the code you used.

This was our experience on the Pride, Spirit and Splendor.

Im platinum, but not on those ships, but all the ships Iv been on were either number codes with a key pad OR they used the magnetic stripe. iv never seen a safe that used both.

Archived