Crown 4/2 - 4/9

kywildcatfanone

Folks,

Someone asked if I had the patters for this cruise, and I just scanned them in to pdf files, but the upload attachment size for cruisecritic is very small, and these files are about 1Mb each (one for each day). I don't have an account to upload them to for viewing, if any does and would be willing to post them and let people know how to access them, let me know and I will e-mail them to you or upload them directly.

Mike

If you rescan them at 200 dpi or less & then convert them to a .pdf file they're up-loadable & still readable.

If you rescan them at 200 dpi or less & then convert them to a .pdf file they're up-loadable & still readable.

I did scan them at 200 dpi, but each one is around 800K and the cruisecritic size limit is like 21K. I have a scanner that does the back and front at the same time and creates as a pdf by default, so each one is 2 pages. I think 200 dpi is the lowest limit I can choose, but I will check again.

Mike

Ok, I created a photobucket account and uploaded the patters (I think). I had to convert them to .jpg files and it split them into two pages for each day, but I think they are readable/viewable. Here is the URL. If this doesn't look right to anyone, let me know, my first venture into photobucket.....

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/kywildcatfanone/Crown%20Princess%20April%202011/

Mike

I did scan them at 200 dpi, but each one is around 800K and the cruisecritic size limit is like 21K. I have a scanner that does the back and front at the same time and creates as a pdf by default, so each one is 2 pages. I think 200 dpi is the lowest limit I can choose, but I will check again.

Mike

I could have sworn that 200 dpi is what I used the other day & 3 pages posted combined to a .pdf file with no problem. I'll recheck the size & report back.

Ok, I created a photobucket account and uploaded the patters (I think). I had to convert them to .jpg files and it split them into two pages for each day, but I think they are readable/viewable. Here is the URL. If this doesn't look right to anyone, let me know, my first venture into photobucket.....

http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc519/kywildcatfanone/Crown%20Princess%20April%202011/

Mike

Works great!! Thanks

Mike

I just checked my scanner & I was wrong about the 200 dpi setting. That is where I usually leave it & it gives good quality for most scans without creating hugh file sizes. The setting if you want to post .pdf files to cruise critic is 75 dpi and still have them just readable. If you keep the scans to 3 pages you might be able to go to 100 dpi.

See example below.

Patter Sample.pdf

UKP stands for Ultimate Kids Package, but it's not only for kids, anyone can buy it. It's a sticker that goes on your cruise card like the coke sticker, but it includes unlimited coke products (fountain), juices, non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails), milkshakes, smoothie's and canned root beer I think.

It had been $9 per day, but on our cruise it was $7 per day. We made good use of it.

Mike

Thanks I never thought about that. I like Shirley Temples :-)

Thanks I never thought about that. I like Shirley Temples :-)

We have found that if you have 3 or more of these types of drinks during the day, it pays for itself, especially if you are somewhere like the Caribbean where is can get really hot. I'm constantly going to the bar to get either a mocktail or soda. I'm sure the profit margin is huge on this, but I really don't care, it serves the purpose for me.

Mike

Archived