Lunch in MDR on embarkation day

mmpadp

This topic was brought up a week or so ago so I asked the folks in Miami... the answer is normally, no. If the ship is booked well over 2/cabin capacity they may open the MDR for lunch to help minimize congestion...

This was her answer...

Hi Mach,

This is not “really” true. We only open the dining room on embarkation day for specific sailing where the guest count is high; usually happens on summer sailings. It’s done to alleviate the long lines on the Lido deck.

Mischelle Beattie Coccera

Online Community Manager

Carnival Cruise Lines

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed some people saying in different post that the Dream's MDR had lunch but I asked John Heald about it through his blog and his response was no the Main Dining Room doesn't serve lunch but the lido deck had plenty along with pasta bar and such

I have noticed some people saying in different post that the Dream's MDR had lunch but I asked John Heald about it through his blog and his response was no the Main Dining Room doesn't serve lunch but the lido deck had plenty along with pasta bar and such

In this case, John is wrong as i had lunch in the MDR . Host Mach has received the correct answer from Carnival. May not be available on every cruise.

i was just reading him correcting himself about the dream on his facebook page.

it is open on embarkation day, but not on all sailings.

i was just reading him correcting himself about the dream on his facebook page.

it is open on embarkation day, but not on all sailings.

That's likely correct. I boarded Carnival Dream April 2 with this specific question. The answer was NO.

Having been on 29 Carnival cruises, the answer is NO! As a matter of fact, we just sailed "Dream" (April 9th", and I asked, as I'd heard that the main dining room was open, but was told that NO, it wouldn't be open on embarkation day. I think the answer is above, and that's that it is open when the ship is very very full. (We had over 4200 souls aboard "Dream" on April 9th, but it still wasn't open!) Only time I've seen the dining room open on embarkation day was our recent cruise on Ruby Princess.

"SKY"

Have been on 15 Carnival cruise and I have never seen the MDR open on embarkment. Wished it was cause, I prefer the MDR over the buffet food. I have been on NCL and RCCL and the MDR was never open also.
NCL started opening the MDR for embarkation lunch on some ships several years ago. It was not announced but became known to the CC members and others. On our last several NCL cruises it was noted in the embarkation literature. I believe it is standard on all of their ships now.

We're MDR people also and would love to see the MDR open for embarkation lunch on Carnival.

Charlie

Archived