1 or 2 night cruise to nowhere?

apmecruise

Has anyone done one of these cruises? I just saw that there were some sailings out of New York and I would love to book one for my son and girlfriend for their college graduation. But I don't want to spend all the money if its not really worth it? :D

We did a 2 nighter out of Boston to get a glimpse of cruising, and it was only a glimpse. By all accounts of the experienced cruisers we spoke to said that it was nothing like the longer cruises. Everyone is trying to do everything all at once and many are onboard for the party. Whether it's worth it or not is really up to them and how much they enjoy themselves.

those CTN's have been known to book up quickly....just sayin' in case your son and GF decide to no longer be a couple by graduation...is there someone else to go. btw, please do not make this a surprise for them as they are adults and may have other plans in mind....just discuss it with them and if they think it is a fabulous thing to do and want to do it...then book it..just don't surprise them...as there will be many things that go on at graduations that carry over after the actual ceremony...like job committments and European travel...or perish the thought...her family wanting to be with her

The two nighters give you at least a touch of cruising because you get a whole day of cruising. It gives you a chance to try a suite because the cost is more reasonable. We enjoyed our 2 night cruise.

The one nighters are pretty insane. You don't even get a whole day of cruising because you usually don't leave before 4 or 5 and you are back early the next morning. If there are any snafus in boarding (last year in Los Angeles the one nighter on the Star was marred by ultra slow disembarkation of the previous cruise so the CTN pax were cooling their heels -- not NCL's fault, it was the border people) you lose a great percentage of your cruise.

On the other hand even that Star CTN had pax saying they had a good time!

Archived