Anyone just off Freedom Western?

I have a few questions for anyone arriving in Freedom yesterday, April 10th.

1. How is Falmouth port coming along?
  2. Do you have any pictures of this port you could post?
  3. Do you have copies of the compass you could post or e-mail?
  4. How was the entertainment?
  5. Any pictures of the drydock enhancements you could post?

Thanks in advance. We are sailing on FOS May 29th :D and it cannot come soon enough.

I have a few questions for anyone arriving in Freedom yesterday, April 10th.

1. How is Falmouth port coming along?
  2. Do you have any pictures of this port you could post?
  3. Do you have copies of the compass you could post or e-mail?
  4. How was the entertainment?
  5. Any pictures of the drydock enhancements you could post?

Thanks in advance. We are sailing on FOS May 29th :D and it cannot come soon enough.

I second this request. with an even bigger sense of urgency. We leave SUNDAY! :D

I second this request. with an even bigger sense of urgency. We leave SUNDAY! :D

I'll answer a few:

(1) Falmouth is still a construction zone, but much better than I expected. Quite a few vendors setup outside. We took a cab to Montego Bay to the beach, only 20 minutes or so, and the beach was great.

(2) Entertainment was weak in my opinion. Much better on the Serenade last year.

(3) Ship looked amazing after dry dock. Very clean. Service was outstanding.

This was my first time on the Freedom class and I was very impressed.

Hi,

How much was the cab to Montego Bay, and where did you on the beach. Am looking into all inclusive places, or anywhere, we are 5, so price does matter. Can you walk around in Montego Bay after?

Thanks

newlu

PS I was on the Serenade in January, loved it! We want to try the Freedom again, closer to leave from Florida then SJ

The cab was $20 each round trip. We went to Doctors Cave beach. It got crowded but we got there early and stayed for 3 hours. Because we had our kids with us, we didn't get much of a chance to walk around, which was too bad because I have only been to Ochos Rios. But, the beach was really great, some of the clearest water I have seen.

Hi,

How much was the cab to Montego Bay, and where did you on the beach. Am looking into all inclusive places, or anywhere, we are 5, so price does matter. Can you walk around in Montego Bay after?

Thanks

newlu

PS I was on the Serenade in January, loved it! We want to try the Freedom again, closer to leave from Florida then SJ

Well, we did not walk outside the "compound." We did see an police officer with a machine gun patrolling when we were in the cab. The compound itself should be very nice once it is done.

We are just off Freedom yesterday. The ship looked good. Besides the improvements like the big screen on the pool deck and the Cupcake Shop, I would say a lot of carpeting was replaced.

I too thought the entertainment was weak.

Falmouth is still a construction zone, but coming along. We did an excursion to Cinnamon Hill to play golf or otherwise we wouldn't have left the "village". I did think it was nice though. There was a marching band playing when we arrived, costumed dancers, and people on stilts. There was also a live band. They were there all day.

When we left port, they all came over to wave goodbye, the band was playing, and everyone on the starboard side that were on the balconies were waving back. I thought it was a nice touch.

Graham Seymore was the CD and he was great!

Sorry, I didn't bring the Compass home.

Never fear, we did. We tried to make a point of getting an extra one each day so we could have clean ones to post. I think we missed one or two days, but we do have ALL of them home. Real life has come fast and furiuos so it may take a few days. Hubby will probably have a chance to scan and post the Compasses by sometime this weekend. I will create a new thread when they are ready.

On a side note, I hope to get a chance to write and post a review by the end of the weekend also.

Erika

Sorry to hijack your post but does anyone remember what time they started tendering in Grand Cayman vs ship time. Just want to double check since we are doing a private tour with Stingraysailings.

Thanks in advance!

We are just off Freedom yesterday. The ship looked good. Besides the improvements like the big screen on the pool deck and the Cupcake Shop, I would say a lot of carpeting was replaced.

I too thought the entertainment was weak.

Falmouth is still a construction zone, but coming along. We did an excursion to Cinnamon Hill to play golf or otherwise we wouldn't have left the "village". I did think it was nice though. There was a marching band playing when we arrived, costumed dancers, and people on stilts. There was also a live band. They were there all day.

When we left port, they all came over to wave goodbye, the band was playing, and everyone on the starboard side that were on the balconies were waving back. I thought it was a nice touch.

Graham Seymore was the CD and he was great!

How was the golf course? and how much was it?

Sorry to hijack your post but does anyone remember what time they started tendering in Grand Cayman vs ship time. Just want to double check since we are doing a private tour with Stingraysailings.

Thanks in advance!

I am pretty sure they started just after 7am port time.

I am pretty sure they started just after 7am port time.

That was quick! Thanks!:D We are suppose to meet 8:15 Grand Cayman time.

Just curious, did you ever switch times on the Western Cruise?

We are leavin this Sunday (17 Apr).

That was quick! Thanks!:D We are suppose to meet 8:15 Grand Cayman time.

Just curious, did you ever switch times on the Western Cruise?

We are leavin this Sunday (17 Apr).

Ship always stayed on Eastern Time.

Never fear, we did. We tried to make a point of getting an extra one each day so we could have clean ones to post. I think we missed one or two days, but we do have ALL of them home. Real life has come fast and furiuos so it may take a few days. Hubby will probably have a chance to scan and post the Compasses by sometime this weekend. I will create a new thread when they are ready.

On a side note, I hope to get a chance to write and post a review by the end of the weekend also.

Erika

Erika, I'm so excited to see the Compasses! Thanks for bringing them home and thanks in advance to your DH for being willing to scan and post them for us all to see.

I'm looking forward to your review also! I hope you had a great time!

Can anyone tell me how "cool" you can get your cabin at night? Most cruises I have been on it is a constant battle to get it cooled down at night. Whats it like on FOS? Sailing May 1st.

You should move on over to our roll call....

we didn't have a problem with the A/C on the AOS or Mariner.we like our cabin nice and cool..this time we have a balcony so we will be sleeping with teh balcony door open.

angela

Angela

Thanks to the OP for the thread and to those who have responded. We sail on June 26th & hopefully Falmouth will be a bit farther along by then.

aks753: When you say $20 each for the cab, does that mean $80 four our group of four each way? $160 round trip sounds a bit extreme. Not doubting you, I just want to confirm - DD wants to go to Mobay.

To all: Do they play the giant TV at the pool constantly? Is it loud? What do they show during the day? We are not big fans of the omnipresent big screens. We are pretty well entertained by just being on board.

To all: Which night would you recommend for alternative dining? I assume lobster is still on Friday?

Thanks again for any responses. CC'ers are the best! :D

Thanks in advance!

Vegasgirl702, I am also planning on booking with Stingraysailings on our May 29th sailing in FOS. Will you let me how was tendering, and how was the tour when you get back? Have a great cruise. I cannot wait till May.

Erika

Thanks in advance Erika. I look forward to reading your review.

Archived