Anyone just off Freedom Western?

Thanks to the OP for the thread and to those who have responded. We sail on June 26th & hopefully Falmouth will be a bit farther along by then.

aks753: When you say $20 each for the cab, does that mean $80 four our group of four each way? $160 round trip sounds a bit extreme. Not doubting you, I just want to confirm - DD wants to go to Mobay.

To all: Do they play the giant TV at the pool constantly? Is it loud? What do they show during the day? We are not big fans of the omnipresent big screens. We are pretty well entertained by just being on board.

To all: Which night would you recommend for alternative dining? I assume lobster is still on Friday?

Thanks again for any responses. CC'ers are the best! :D

Yes, it was $80 round trip for my group of 4. Maybe you can get a discount for more people. Also, beware that the cab drivers on the way back drive a hard bargain.

TV was no issue during the day, just showed pictures of water, trees, etc. It only showed movies at night, at which point it was loud. I had been worried about it and it was not an issue whatsoever.

We didn't do any alternative dining. Yes, still lobster and Friday. And, for old-school RCCL cruisers, the turkey dinner is back where it belongs on the last night, although no longer labeled "Tom Turkey."

Thanks a whole bunch!!

I suppose we will just have to "save up" for Mobay. I wish we were stopping at Ocho Rios or Mobay instead. Oh well...

TV sounds like it is not too bad after all.

It looks like maybe Saturday is the night for Chops. We can get turkey at home. We usually avoid eating at alternative venues on last night due to tipping, but with MTD and pre-paid tips, it doesn't really matter any more.

We have not been on a 7 nighter in a couple of years, so we were not sure how much the menu has changed in that time.

Thanks to the OP for the thread and to those who have responded. We sail on June 26th & hopefully Falmouth will be a bit farther along by then.

You should join our roll call!! Come on over!!

Hey PhoenixDawg: Great pix!! Thanks for posting!!

Look me up, Tracey Mandell Steven. I will add you then you can see all 500 pics.:eek:

Hey I came so close to getting on ship with you guys last week, but chickened out. I have never done a last minute cruise and I got cold feet, I looked at the roll call and remembered you guy’s cute pic. I would love to see your pics, looks like you got some good ones of the new port. I am hearing that the MDR menus had changed hope you have some pics of the menus. What did you think of the new upgrades. I am about to look you up on FB my name is Kimberly but the FB pic will be of my little boy.

We didn't do any alternative dining. Yes, still lobster and Friday. And, for old-school RCCL cruisers, the turkey dinner is back where it belongs on the last night, although no longer labeled "Tom Turkey."

Ummmm, Lobster night on the Western sailing last week was on Thursday, the second formal night.

Look me up, Tracey Mandell Steven. I will add you then you can see all 500 pics.:eek:

Got you beat. 620 pictures. I still have to go through them though.

Erika

Can anyone tell me how "cool" you can get your cabin at night? Most cruises I have been on it is a constant battle to get it cooled down at night. Whats it like on FOS? Sailing May 1st.

I was on the Freedom last September. The AC works well, I had no problems keeping my cabin cold. I had a JS, just remember to keep the balcony door closed (if you have a balcony) to keep the cabin nice and "cool". :D

215193_10150168225723113_682718112_6769249_1166833_n.jpg

Falmouth last Wed. as we pulled in. Pic from my aft balcony. If you are on Facebook I have tons more pics.

did you have a far aft balcony? We have a corner aft on deck 7 and am wondering if there are lounge chairs on the balcony still. I heard they removed them from another thread, but seems like it may not be all ships.

How was the golf course? and how much was it?

The golf course was well maintained and not too difficult. It was $155 each and that included greens fees, cart, range use before play and caddie fees. Clubs and shoes were additional, if needed. They suggest a caddie gratuity of $15 per player.

We booked through the ship so transportation was also included. It was a nice ride.

We had a great time, really enjoyed the golfing and the views on certain holes were spectacular.

did you have a far aft balcony? We have a corner aft on deck 7 and am wondering if there are lounge chairs on the balcony still. I heard they removed them from another thread, but seems like it may not be all ships.

Hi, we were on FOS sailing April 3 - 10th as well. We were in Corner aft 8710 and there were 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table, with still room to spare !!!! LOVE THE AFT !!!!!:D

205195_10150168204983113_682718112_6769033_3477114_n.jpg

Don't believe the hype about no lounge chairs. We had 2 JSs, center of Aft deck 7, both cabins had 2 full sized lounge chairs, a small table, 2 upright chairs and a large table which is perfect for dining in the cabin. The problem with the chairs sounds like it may only be on Liberty???:D

Hey I came so close to getting on ship with you guys last week, but chickened out. I have never done a last minute cruise and I got cold feet, I looked at the roll call and remembered you guy’s cute pic. I would love to see your pics, looks like you got some good ones of the new port. I am hearing that the MDR menus had changed hope you have some pics of the menus. What did you think of the new upgrades. I am about to look you up on FB my name is Kimberly but the FB pic will be of my little boy.

Awww, you should have come!! I added you on FB,when you go to the Photos there are 3 Volumns, all say Cruise 2011, there were so many pics I had to upload them in groups. :eek:

As for the upgrades, we really liked the cupcakes. The movie screen at the pool was cool, we watched Wizard of Oz out there one day. And my younger son LOVED the Dreamworks characters, we did lots of photos ops with them, as well as their parade on the last day.:)

Wow..glad to hear about the lounge chairs. I was upset when someone said they werent there anymore because we could have just gotten a guarantee balcony for a lot cheaper, but wanted that corner aft ! I am officially very excited about this cabin again ..thanks ! 32 more days !

Archived