Overbooking on Regent? How is that possible?

wapato2

It's a question of which word you want to emphasize. :)

There was nothing voluntariiy (on my part) about the upgrade. If I had any reason

for wanting my original cabin (perhaps next door to a friend), I couldn't have

stayed there. I was moved, and had no choice in the matter.

Les

Wow. I never heard of that. I was to have been upgraded to a balcony from an Ocean View, but the balcony was in the front of the ship, the ocean view was amidships, and I wanted it for that precise reason because it was a transAtlantic. When my TA told me I had been upgraded, I said "no", and that ended that.

On the other hand, when I was recently upgraded on Marina from a B4 to an A4, I raised no objection. If I had, however, I have no doubt that my wishes would have been accepted.

Did you object to the moves?

We have sailed Regent many times. We have never received an upgrade offer even though we would have accepted it. On our last cruise (we just returned) some were offered the upgrade at a reasonable rate. We were not even when our TA made an inquiry about getting one. We were offered it at the full fare one week from sailing. Obviously the upgrade was available. We booked a year out so being a late comer is not an issue. Is it a function of who you use as a travel agent? I am feeling like a second rate past passenger at Gold level .

Yes, your TA has a lot to do with it. When the TA is notified of upgrade offers, it is up to them to notify their clients. This has to be done fairly quickly since everything is handled on a first come first served basis. We were offered upgrades twice (and we're also Gold).

This thread is too confusing. . . . I no longer can tell if posters are talking about Regent or Oceania. :confused:

Unfortunately I think it probably is related to how competent your TA is, and what his or her relationship is with Regent.

We're Gold, and have been offered upgrades several times. They have always come through our excellent TA.

We've been sailing with Regent since 2004 and have never failed to be upgraded...once to a PH suite....and we always get the lowest category available.

The upgrade offers must also consider the category you are booked in. If you are in "H", for instance, it would cost quite a bit to go into a Penthouse Suite. If you are in Penthouse, it doesn't cost too much to up a category. Since we usually book Penthouse, there are not that many suites available above that category.

Archived