Cosol Tours

lovetocruise79

I am already booked with Cosol and have confirment..so I hope that it is just the website. I did email him and hope to get a reply soon.:confused:

Good news! I received a reply from Cosol and my excurison is all set. He is trying to figure out why website is down....hope it will get fixed soon for everyone who hasn't booked yet!:)

I returned last Sunday from the Seranade of the Seas. We toured with Cosol on Nov 9th. Our driver,Yellowbird, was extremely friendly and knowledgable. We had an excellent day! The pick-up was on-time and organized. It was a long day however we had many many stops. The island was beautiful but too many curvy roads for a gal who gets car sick.

The buffet of St. Lucia food was wonderful - tried items I would never ever try. The blue van was a nice touch. (for those who dont drink, it's ok...plenty of soda and water). I would not hesitate bringing my child on this tour in the future.

Great time, glad to see many beautiful sites in St. Lucia.

We toured with Cosol last week and Bumpy was also our driver. It was an awesome tour. I read on CC that someone had said, "Don't let the price drive you away." And they were right. We forked over the money and a $30 tip.:) It was highlight of our cruise until we took Royston's tour in St. Kitts. These two were my favorites!

We went on the Cosol tour (with Cosol's brother, Yellowbird, as our guide) in October 2008 and LOVED the tour so much that we have booked it again in March 2012 (again with Yellowbird). He was very proud of his island and gave a very informative tour. We also had plenty of stops for pictures. Sampled bananas (sweetest we have ever tasted), the lunch was fantastic with samples of local foods, the roads were roller-coaster-like, but even my husband was OK with it. We weren't too crazy about the beach, either (rocky), but the boatride past the Pitons was beautiful.

On the way back to the pier, we stopped on the road, and then Yellowbird was passing out the BEST hot bread and cheese EVER!

We are looking forward so much for another trip with Cosol in March to visit this beautiful island.

Just got home from our Cruise,,,,,Cosol Tour is way worth it! The Cosol fruit was beyond great! The food,,very good. Lots of drinks(what ever you like),did the volcano tour too,,Bananna plantation(shack),wanted more beach time but still worth every penny. It took the whole day and we did a lot of driving but these guys really take care of you. They realy like the bag of apples I gave them!

We recently toured with Cosol tours, Adrian was our driver and guide. A great tour, we saw so many things.....and had so many interesting foods to try. Lots of different drinks too....rum punch, spiced rum, beer, pop, and water. The local hot bread and cheese was a wonderful way to end the tour. You won't be disappointed if you choose Cosol Tours.

• 2 weeks later...

Cosol was the best island tour we have ever experienced. We just returned from the Adventure of the Seas and I am so glad that we took the tour in St. Lucia with Cosol and his brother, Yellowbird. They were a lot of fun and all the stops for photos have given us some wonderful memories! The local food was super and neat to experience. St Lucia is a beautiful island with lots of hills and sharp turns which made the drive quite an adventure in itself! I would highly recommend Cosol and wouldn't hesitate to do the very same tour again in the future.

My roomie and I have been thrilled with the reviews and the great pictures from this tour. She has Emailed Cosol about getting a reservation on our Jan 5 cruise on the Carnival Miracle. We're both really looking forward to seeing this beautiful island!

The only way to see St. Lucia and get a great peak at EVERYTHING is with COSOL TOURS! Loved this excursion and it is highly recommended in my book! We just got back from the Summit Dec 10th sailing.

Saw something on the Travel Channel the other day that said there were bubbling springs with mud bath at the volcano. Do you get to do this on Cosol's tour at the volcano, or is it just a "peek" at the volcano site? Since you took this tour recently, just wondering if you knew. Thanks!

We just returned from doing a tour with Cosol on the Carnival Miracle. We had Slyvia as our tour guide. They do it right. They had a driver who concentrated driving the hilly windy roads and she took care of us with all the sight information and ensuring we had our drinks and bathroom breaks and that we arrived at all the sights on time. I cannot speak highly enough of her. We stopped at a banana plantation and had a fresh banana, stopped and had brunch of all sorts of homemade stuff, had rum punch, beer, soft drinks, stopped at the drive thru volcano, then off on a boat to the resort between the Pitons and back to Spice Rum and homemade bread. I wouldn't plan on having time for anything else except a quick stop at any of the stores by the ship as this tour is all day and the traffic is bad once you reach the town.

One note about bathroom breaks: the first stop is down some steep steps without a rail and charges a dollar which most women on the tour turned around after seeing that. The 2nd stop is with the brunch and even though they also charge a dollar it is more easily accessible.

We had Sylvia also, but we were on the Summit. Everything COSOL stated in their tour guide descriptions is exactly what we did. They didn't miss anything!

The volcano mud springs are there, but your COSOL tour guide gives you to another tour guide at the crater and he/she will let you know if you have time to enter those. We did not. So, maybe ask upfront as soon as you get on the bus and then again the second you meet your tour guide for the crater? On the drive out I did some other people in the water, but it was on the way out and we were already back on the bus. There is a small stream however, that reaches 180-200 degrees. It was the bath of the bachelor (as he pointed out). Our crater guide said that if it wasn't that hot, then we could of dipped our toes in it.

Also, those wondering about the volcano.. You drive into the volcano on the bus. Walk to the site, meet your guide and the first stop on foot is down steps to the "Bachelor baths (where the bachelor was filmed bathing) and then up steps to the crater. The crater smells like sulphur and yeah, it's alittle bad. Then you hear the history of the volcano and head out. I would do it again, but I like tours. I heard some people say they could of skipped this part??

COSOL does an excellent job!

Edited by mackers74

We just returned from doing a tour with Cosol on the Carnival Miracle. We had Slyvia as our tour guide. They do it right. They had a driver who concentrated driving the hilly windy roads and she took care of us with all the sight information and ensuring we had our drinks and bathroom breaks and that we arrived at all the sights on time. I cannot speak highly enough of her. We stopped at a banana plantation and had a fresh banana, stopped and had brunch of all sorts of homemade stuff, had rum punch, beer, soft drinks, stopped at the drive thru volcano, then off on a boat to the resort between the Pitons and back to Spice Rum and homemade bread. I wouldn't plan on having time for anything else except a quick stop at any of the stores by the ship as this tour is all day and the traffic is bad once you reach the town.

One note about bathroom breaks: the first stop is down some steep steps without a rail and charges a dollar which most women on the tour turned around after seeing that. The 2nd stop is with the brunch and even though they also charge a dollar it is more easily accessible.

I was on the same tour as CrusinAgain and I can't say enough good things about this tour.....Anyone who goes to St Lucia and doesn't take this tour, is really missing out. Cosol really outdoes himself.....

we just got back, and did a tour with COSOL. we were with a driver named Miguel, who I understand just does this as a side job when COSOL has too many people.

he didn't talk much really and didn't seem as friendly or informative as the guys in the other vans, and we also missed the lunch and botanical gardens. the volcano wasn't much to see really, just smelly steam coming from rocks. the beach at Jalousie is dark water and rocky. we had 45 mins there. we snorkeled b/c it wasn't good for swimming. visibility wasn't great, and not many fish.

the highlights of this tour are the views of the pitons, and the bread and cheese at the end.

we just got back, and did a tour with COSOL. we were with a driver named Miguel, who I understand just does this as a side job when COSOL has too many people.

he didn't talk much really and didn't seem as friendly or informative as the guys in the other vans, and we also missed the lunch and botanical gardens. the volcano wasn't much to see really, just smelly steam coming from rocks. the beach at Jalousie is dark water and rocky. we had 45 mins there. we snorkeled b/c it wasn't good for swimming. visibility wasn't great, and not many fish.

the highlights of this tour are the views of the pitons, and the bread and cheese at the end.

Wow, that sounds like my tour at St. Maarten while due to the bad tour guide all the excitement in planning and expectations of the tour went out of the window. The brunch is in the itinerary and really surprised that you missed this. I know our guide was in constant contact with Cosol but we were also a group of cruise critics from our roll call. So sorry it was a big let let down to you. I hope you email Cosol and let him know of your experience. Our guide, Slyvia also is not full time and is asked to help when it is needed.

Saw something on the Travel Channel the other day that said there were bubbling springs with mud bath at the volcano. Do you get to do this on Cosol's tour at the volcano, or is it just a "peek" at the volcano site? Since you took this tour recently, just wondering if you knew. Thanks!

There isn't time to do this on Cosol's tour. We drove past it but were unable to take a picture of it.

• 2 weeks later...

:D We used Cosol Tours on January 4th while on Adventure of the Seas. It was the greatest! His brother Yellowbird was our driver and tour guide for the day and he was terrific. Baptiste drove the other van and was very nice too. It was an amazing day and an experience not to be missed!!!

Just as interesting was to watch Yellowbird "pay it forward". Take the tour and you'll see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

January 13, 2012 we had Yellowbird who did a great job touring St.Lucia. He said he was Cosol's brother. He told us Cosol's real name, but his nickname of Cosol was easier. We saw everything there is to see in a minimum amount of time. Cosol tours is very good and I recommend it highly.

does the water taxi take you back to the cruise ship?

If you are referring to the water taxi to get to the Jalousie Beach--No. That water taxi is just to get you to the beach between the Pitons for an hour or so and then back to the dock where you get back on Yellowbird's van and finish out the tour.