2 Questions, Money and St. George

EastCarolina

Is there any reason for me to get Bermuda currency? I know the Bermudian dollar is tied to the US Dollar, but I am wondering if there are any reasons why the US Dollar would not be accepted?

Also, we are only going to be in port for 1.5 days and I am wondering if it is worth while to go over to St. George via ferry? I have read alot of the shops have closed around St. George due to the bad economy and lack of cruise ships calling on it. Should we take the time to the ferry to St. George or should we just stick around Hamilton?

US dollars are accepted everywhere. There's no need to get Bermuda dollars. You may get change back in Bermuda currency (although if a merchant has enough US currency they may give it to you if you ask). Try to spend it before you depart as you'll have no way to change it back to US currency after you leave.

St. George is a beautiful historic town. Shopping was never its main attraction anyway. You should visit there. There's no need to just stick around Hamilton either. There are many places to go on the island. Read some of the threads on this board for ideas.

Thanks for the response. Looks like we will be in port together for one day. We will be on the carnival fantasy and in port the 26th and 27th.

By the way, you mentioned just sticking around Hamilton, but since you're on the Carnival Fantasy, you'll be berthed at the Dockyard, just as we will be on the Explorer of the Seas. If you want to go to Hamilton you need to take a ferry (20-25 minutes) or a bus (about an hour).

Archived