Why Back to Back (B2B)?

YoDadio

I didn't see this mentioned but when you do B2B that counts as two cruises in climbing the ladder to become ELITE status.

You'll get credit whether it's a BTB or two separate cruises. To achieve your Elite status you require 16 cruises or 151 days at sea. i'm closing in on Elite and retirement status :)

You'll get credit whether it's a BTB or two separate cruises. To achieve your Elite status you require 16 cruises or 151 days at sea. i'm closing in on Elite and retirement status :)

You need to have completed 15 cruises and 150 days. See........now you're closer. :)

Wow you guys never fail to amaze! 20+ responses in 12 hours! Thanks.

I can totally see where travel & (local) weather would be considerations. Guess I am somewhat spoiled. Living in So Cal the weather really isn't an issue and we have two ports the Cruise lines use.

Never occured to me to book B2B for east/west bahamas/caribean trips, though it makes a lot of sense (both for passengers and the cruiseline).

I tend to run myself ragged when cruising, so B2B would allow for me to slow things down (assuming I had an ounce of self control). But alas eating all that rich food AND shamelessly chasing my tail for 14+ days would be anything by restful.

Everyone dies, but not everyone lives. :D

Hi There

All our recent cruises have been b2b our up and coming cruise is a b2b and when we book next iy to will be b2b or even b2b2b

Main Reason is very simple cost, flights are silly, so if spending all that money I want to spent at least 3 weeks on a cruise ship.

Next have never do less that 12 days and that was to short, but it was cheap and was not my main cruise taht year.

I want to chill out relax get well away from work to do that I need 3 or 4 weeks..

Go away for a week and your desk just builds up with paper work

Go away for two weeks the same just more paper work

Go away for three weeks and they will do some of your work but leave

the hard stuff until you return

Go away for four weeks and they have to get off their butts and think and

solve all issues that come up. You come home to an almost clear desk.

yours Shogun

I Love Your Thinking Shogun!!!!!

I would love to do some B2B cruising. Airfare is paid. You don't have to worry about missing the ship. There are different excursions in each port so you don't have to repeat (some ports, especially Rome, Venice, Naples, Florence--I could go back and back and still see things I hadn't seen before.

Maybe not so much in the Caribbean, but Alaska cruises also have tons of different things to do. I've already decided that the next Western Caribbean cruise I take I am not getting off the ship in Jamaica. Will use it as a quiet day to relax on ship at my leisure.

Im surprised no one just likes B2Bs because they enjoy cruising, having 3 meals and snacks provided, beds made, cabins cleaned.

Iv done about 4 and its just nice to sit on the ship alone at the pool waiting for the next group and having the ship to myself. Its nice the crew usually recognizes you from the week before. I could care less about the ports, though Id prefer Eastern, just because Im a little tired of Cozumel.

we have done quite a few back-to-back cruises on various cruise lines

in fact our first cruise(s) were back-to-back cruises

99% of ours have been different itineraries

recently hal has started to call bak-to-back cruises "collector's cruises"

for us to fly for just a 7 day cruise is ridicous since we no longer have direct flights to anywhere

These days I cruise just for the experience on the ship and often don't even get off the ship in most of the ports. But someone that is new to cruising and enjoys a variety of different types of shore excursions a B2B with the same ports gives them 2 chances to do different excursions. Plus I'm not one to order multiple entree's so a B2B gives me the chance to have the BBQ spare ribs for lunch one week and the Hay and Straw the next week or what ever two dishes are offerred on the same menu.

Archived