Freedom Review w/Pics: 4/3-4/10/2011, some good, some bad, some meh.

Falmouth: The big controversey:

So much is being said about Falmouth. It's not done, there's nothing to do there, ships should be going to other ports. Well, it's true, it isn't done, far from it. It will be years before it's done. But Mo Bay and Ochi are so close by, it isn't really a problem. We went to Rose Hall, it was a 20 minute cab ride. No big deal.

As for some of the things I've heard, drugs, crime, hookers, I saw none of those things. I saw police, fences, and buses to take us elsewhere. They also gave out free cute little RCCL backpacks that said Falmouth on them. For the rest of the cruise, you could identify your fellow passengers in port because they all had the same backpacks. I will post a pic of one pf the backpacks next.

But we had a wonderful day at Rose Hall, the waterslides are great, and anyone with kids will have a great time there.

Falmouth:

Port: C (unfinished, but lots of potential. Also run quite well, but a C because there's nothing there)

Hilton Rose Hall: A+++++

A side note, lots of people on excursions got back really late, we were sitting on our balcony watching the buses arrive way past when we were supposed to be gone. That's why some folks stick to ship run excursions, the boat waits for you. I prefer to do my own thing and just be on time.:)

216798_10150168224463113_682718112_6769236_1376261_n.jpg

Thanks fo rthe review! We sail May 1 and have a corner aft cabin 1400! We also do the same itenerary, so thanks for the info!

Love the pics! :D

I am in that same cabin in August!!! :D If you can take photos and post them that would be great! Thanks!!

Thanks for the review, I'm loving it!!

206876_10150169118723113_682718112_6778531_8074633_n.jpg

Best food we had on the whole cruise was at Rose Hall. I love Jamaican food!! I will get to the food issues at the end of the photo tour, but let me say this, if you are looking to take a cruise with outstanding, or even interesting food, Freedom might not be for you. Just a tease, more to come....:p

The passes were $75 for adults and $60 for kids, plus we got another cabana for $30. Totally worth it, the bast day of the cruise for us. It's about a 20 minute cab ride form the pier. More Falmouth in a sec, need to go grab some lunch.

Where / How did you buy the day passes? thru Rose Hall website or somewhere else? we were about to buy them for $95 or so.

Also, did you just take any specific taxi or a designated ride to the hotel? I'm a bit 'concerned' about Falmouth and the reviews. Being two young women, my partner and I are very-very careful. We were thinking of staying onboard while docked in Falmouth, but you might have changed our minds!:D

Thank you for the review I'm enjoying it.

The passes were $75 for adults and $60 for kids, plus we got another cabana for $30. Totally worth it, the bast day of the cruise for us. It's about a 20 minute cab ride form the pier. More Falmouth in a sec, need to go grab some lunch.

Where / How did you buy the day passes? thru Rose Hall website or somewhere else? we were about to buy them for $95 or so.

Also, did you just take any specific taxi or a designated ride to the hotel? I'm a bit 'concerned' about Falmouth and the reviews. Being two young women, my partner and I are very-very careful. We were thinking of staying onboard while docked in Falmouth, but you might have changed our minds!:D

Thank you for the review I'm enjoying it.

Please don't worry, you will be safe. There are police everywhere. As for Rose Hall, jump in any taxi at the pier, you get the taxis inside the fenced area, so you are safe. You can get a private taxi (for more money), or a group shuttle for less. We hired a private van, our driver Solomon charged us $40 each way, and he was very prompt when he picked us up at 3:00pm. You don't need to plan any of this in advance.:)

Get a taxi, go to Hilton Rose Hall Resort. When you get there, the concierge desk is next to the door. Say you want day passes, pay your money, they give you wristbands and towel cards, then you are free to go. There is one issue, they keep one person's driver's licence to assure you don't steal the towels or water toys. When you return the towel cards, they give you back the licence (it's in a safe while they have it).

You will have a fabulous time.:D

Please don't worry, you will be safe. There are police everywhere. As for Rose Hall, jump in any taxi at the pier, you get the taxis inside the fenced area, so you are safe. You can get a private taxi (for more money), or a group shuttle for less. We hired a private van, our driver Solomon charged us $40 each way, and he was very prompt when he picked us up at 3:00pm. You don't need to plan any of this in advance.:)

Get a taxi, go to Hilton Rose Hall Resort. When you get there, the concierge desk is next to the door. Say you want day passes, pay your money, they give you wristbands and towel cards, then you are free to go. There is one issue, they keep one person's driver's licence to assure you don't steal the towels or water toys. When you return the towel cards, they give you back the licence (it's in a safe while they have it).

You will have a fabulous time.:D

Thank you! now I feel better!!!

My mom and the kids. As you can see, not a lot going on at the Falmouth pier. But there's tons to do very close by.

207725_10150168226683113_682718112_6769259_1660050_n.jpg

Hi I am enjoying your review:) Your kids are super cute! How old is your older son? Did he have a good time? Did he feel like there was a lot for him to do? I am trying to talk my 16y/o into going with us on FOS in Nov.

Grand Cayman...again:

I love Grand Cayman, but I seem to have been there 3 times in the last 4 years, so there really isn't much to see, it's a small island. I've done the submarine, the butterfly farm (apparently no longer there, sad) Hell, and the turtles, and the Rays, so we just dropped in for a bit of shopping then went back to the ship. I have some great pics from Hell last year, if you want to see them just let me know. Also, I have over 500 pics from this cruise, if you are on Facebook I can add you so you can see them, just lemme know.:)

Anyway, so we shopped then hopped back on the ship. I will attach a few pics.

Grand Cayman:

Shopping: A

Tendering: B, we waited a bit to get back, they were having an issue with the tenders.

216020_10150169016138113_682718112_6777435_7195349_n.jpg

The shopping area just outside the pier.

Hi I am enjoying your review:) Your kids are super cute! How old is your older son? Did he have a good time? Did he feel like there was a lot for him to do? I am trying to talk my 16y/o into going with us on FOS in Nov.

Ahhh, my older son. Noah is 14, will be 15 in 2 weeks, and is a indoor-loving, skateboarding, video game playing grouch. If not for his PS3 being with him on the ship, the arcade, and the flowrider, he would be miserable. But he LOVED the Flowrider, had a blast in Jamaica, and he hung out mosty in the arcade.:)

Cozumel: Just so you know, not a fan....

We didn't get off in Cozumel, instead used it as a ship day, and we had the ship to ourselves. I've been to Cozumel 3 times, and since I live in Los Angeles, going to Mexico is not a big thing to me. So sorry to say, no pics other than those from our balcony, like this one.

217728_10150169041428113_682718112_6777796_7091935_n.jpg

Saturday, the last sea day, and what's burning???

So we used the last day of the cruise for rock climbing, flowrider, getting airbrushed tattoos, and the Dreamworks parade.

Then there was that odd burning smell coming from Deck 7 aft, right by our cabin. After lots of security running around sniffing, turns out a crew member was installing carpet with a hot glue gun in one of the Inside cabins, and had accientally melted something and it smelled like the ship was on fire. They were on 911 Fire Watch for an hour, the smell eventually passed, and I bet that crew member got a talking to...

Archived