Help! Need Victoria Ideas.

Hello all. So I have procrastinated long enough :(, and have to book my excursions for my Alaska cruise. The day before we disembark, we will be docking in Victoria. I could use your help on excursions. I was interested in going to the Buchart Gardens I keep hearing about, however, because I have dragged my husband to so many gardens on our previous trip, he is putting his foot down and doesn't want do to another one lol

What else is popular or unique to do in Victoria. I haven't done any research (please don't scold me haha) and could use your expertise. I will also post this on the Alaska board just in case any of those folks who can help don't frequent this board.

But thank you in advance for any help you can provide.:D

Have a great night!

If as your signature suggest you are on the Infinity you will be there at night after 6 PM

If the weather is good I always suggest taking a shuttle into the inner harbour/downtown and then see whats goin' on.

Dining on board at your regular time will cut into any schedule you wish to meet so you need to decide on that first.

ps. Gardens may be lighted depending on when you are there. Way different than any day time visit and you could trick your DH.

If your husband likes museums, the provincial museum is excellent. Walking thru downtown is always interesting. Good people watching. Walk through the Empress Hotel. Worth just going to take a look. There are some tourist traps, like the wax museum and the aquarium on the water. The castle is worth a visit. You can take public transit everywhere and wandering around on your own is much cheaper than taking the ship's tours.

There is a hop on hop off bus that you can take around the city - very nice tour. The downtown area where the Empress Hotel is very nice and you can take carriage rides down there too.

We will be there in early May also. Are you familiar with the route of the HOHO? We were thinking of taking it and I was wondering if there are any places along the way where we can have tea?

The wax museum is no longer so strike that one off your list. The "aquarium" is called undersea gardens and is more like an underwater exhibit. That being said there are plenty of things you can do: High tea at the Empress is an experience(pricey) but worth doing if you are so inclined(and you are here in the afternoon). Craigdarroch castle is nice for a view into what it would be like to be a 19th century coal baron. Stop into the Bard & Banker or Irish Times pub for a pint. Stroll through the charming downtown area and make your way to China town through fan tan alley to explore the shops. Hire a pedicab to wheel you around or take a horse and carriage through James Bay.

Archived