Star Deck Plans changing

rodger24x7

Forward space on deck 12, formerly a broad window-laden club (Spinnaker) was turned into apx 60 new cabins, ranging from owner's suites to insides.

About 40 of those cabins are suite-level, with butler and concierge.

I posed a question months ago (re Dawn, which is undergoing identical reno) about the additional number of people who are cruising with the Cagney's perk. Preliminary consensus was it didn't overload suite perks.

Forward space on deck 12, formerly a broad window-laden club (Spinnaker) was turned into apx 60 new cabins, ranging from owner's suites to insides.

About 40 of those cabins are suite-level, with butler and concierge.

I posed a question months ago (re Dawn, which is undergoing identical reno) about the additional number of people who are cruising with the Cagney's perk. Preliminary consensus was it didn't overload suite perks.

We have been lucky enough to be in one of the new suites, and as for the Cagney's perk, not once was the restaurant over loaded. Can't wait to be in the same suite again in just a few months.:D

In addition to the new cabins in the vicinity of the old Spinnaker, the gift shop area has been moved and the 'new' Spinnaker is in the area of the old gift shop. Blue Lagoon has also been moved to the 8th floor, just above the Grand Atrium 7th level - a very pretty area. The area where the Blue Lagoon was is now the photo gallery. They removed the game room and lifestyles room on 12 - which happens to be where the new suite is that we stayed in. If you were ever on the Star before, you know about those big beautiful windows! It was great to have them be in our suite. We spent a lot of time gazing out those windows.

Lots of changes. Some pros and some cons.

I really like the changes. I was never a big Spinnaker-goer, although I did enjoy it in the past.

I've sailed Star 4 times before and once since the makeover.

One thing I really enjoy more is Blue Lagoon. Before it seemed like an afterthought and I never really wanted to go there, even with those wings! The new location is more comfortable, imho.

I would imagine the new location of the gift shop is better for business as it is "on the way" to places, not a dead end like before.

For the life of me I can't figure out why they chose the new carpeting that they did. Not only does it show the dirt, it is fuzzy, linty, and pilly! I am sure it looked nice in the sample book.

Now I see why they usually choose those loud patterned carpets. They hide a multitude of sins.

The view from the DOS was really spectacular. In September we're doing the Coastal in the Family Penthouse a few doors away.

Love that Star, will really miss her when she moves!

If I had the best of both worlds, the Star would have the old Spinnaker lounge AND the new suites. DH and I didn't spend a ton of time in the Spinnaker but my parents did, as well as the game room. They are elderly and enjoy reading, watching out the windows, playing cards, etc. So, if we were on the Star but not in one of the new suites, we would miss those areas a lot.

In the new family suite, they were able to sit at the table and play cards, Mom could write her post cards, they could sit on the sofa or in the easy chairs and watch out the windows, etc. It's a beautiful space!

But I completely agree on the choice of carpeting - a mystery! First of all I was so surprised that NCL would choose such subdued colors! They are more into the oranges and purples and aqua combos, instead of grey or ivory or cream. I do like the look, but not the look of wear and tear and stain that surprisingly started to appear in just a few short weeks after the remodel.

But we're like you Valleyvillage - we love the Star and we will certainly miss her!

Archived