Trying not to be annoyed----

buglver066

It's not Carnivals fault but it seems like today everyone I ask a question to just doesn't seem to know what they are doing :mad:.

The one that I am here for help on though I can hopefully get answered :rolleyes:. This is the email that I sent my PVP:

I (like I seem to do every morning now!) logged on to check the rates for my cruise since I booked using the Early Saver. That rate however is no longer there---which I'm thinking is because they are not offering it anymore because we are within 5 months of sailing----but how do I check to see if the rates drop without this showing?

The answer I got was:

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO MAKE. YOU HAVE THE LOWEST PRICE.

Well------what's the point of Early Saver then????? TO CHECK AND SEE IF YOUR RATES DROPPED!

Can anyone help me as to why I can't see the Early Saver Rate? Do I just now go by the rates that it does give me when I do a mock booking? UGH- SOOOOO confused!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Wow, you have a lousy PVP!!! Yes, if you do a mock booking for your same category cabin and find a lower rate, then you apply for the discount (or OBC if after final payment). There is a fare viewer site on Carnival which makes it simple, but I don't have it saved on my work computer...maybe someone else will share it with you.

Hope that helps...maybe I should work for Carnival! LOL!:p

It's not Carnivals fault but it seems like today everyone I ask a question to just doesn't seem to know what they are doing :mad:.

The one that I am here for help on though I can hopefully get answered :rolleyes:. This is the email that I sent my PVP:

I (like I seem to do every morning now!) logged on to check the rates for my cruise since I booked using the Early Saver. That rate however is no longer there---which I'm thinking is because they are not offering it anymore because we are within 5 months of sailing----but how do I check to see if the rates drop without this showing?

The answer I got was:

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO MAKE. YOU HAVE THE LOWEST PRICE.

Well------what's the point of Early Saver then????? TO CHECK AND SEE IF YOUR RATES DROPPED!

Can anyone help me as to why I can't see the Early Saver Rate? Do I just now go by the rates that it does give me when I do a mock booking? UGH- SOOOOO confused!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

When the ES rate is no longer available you can compare your rate to any rate that you are eligible for (does not have to be ES) in the same category that you have booked.

The fare viewer is here.

The Early Saver rate itself is no longer offered within 5 months of sailing on a 6-day or longer cruise.

However, if you booked Early Saver, you are eligible for price protection compared to ANY RATE THAT YOU WOULD OTHERWISE BE ELIGIBLE FOR.

The easy way to check rates is to use the Fare Viewer ---> http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

If you find a lower rate, submit the Early Saver Price Protection Claim Form ---> http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

I use a TA site, not Carnival's site, since all rates are the same.

You can price match to any rate you are elgible for ... but it has to be the same category (seems obvious but people ask every day if they can price match downward to guarantee rates, which are not for specific categories.

If you know your price and your fare, just compare it to whatever rates you see, like past guest, senior, military, sales, fun select, etc.

I don't have the link to the fare veiwer but if you go to the FAQ page and search early saver the link to the fare veiwer will come up.

My understanding is that once the early saver rate is gone you can still price match to any other rate as long as it is for the same catagory of room.

Wow, you have a lousy PVP!!! Yes, if you do a mock booking for your same category cabin and find a lower rate, then you apply for the discount (or OBC if after final payment). There is a fare viewer site on Carnival which makes it simple, but I don't have it saved on my work computer...maybe someone else will share it with you.

Hope that helps...maybe I should work for Carnival! LOL!:p

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

here you go!

I think maybe they dont show those rates anymore is because that catagory is all booked? so no more chance for a price drop?

Early Saver rates are only available 5 months or longer for a 7 day cruise.

Early saver is not a category.

It could be they did not understand the question. And PVP's don't really have anything to do with ES reduced rates.

For example if you looked at your cruise on the fareview, and you only see rates for PT, 4B, 4D, 4I.

Then if you are booked in a 4A and the list price under past guest for the 4B is less than you paid for your 4A ES. Then submit the ES form and request an upgrade to the 4B. You would get the price difference as OBC and now be listed as a 4B ES. So next time you would look for prices at 4B rates.

I was booked on the Dream last year in a 1A. Then Carnival offered past guest upgrades starting for guests in 4A. So I paided the difference from 1A to 4A. Then I was eligible using Past Guest rate and my ES booking to be moved from 4A to 4H. (I was still a ES, but then the rates I had to watch were 4H (but I paided 4A price).

The reason your cabin type isn't showing is that it probably sold out.

Hope this helps.

At a certain time the Early Saver rate goes away as a choice (because no one is eligible to book it anymore). What you need to compare to is the lowest rate you are eligible for. The link is http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/.

For example: Our cruise no longer shows an Early Saver choice. So when I check the rates, I check all the things we are eligible for (Senior, past guest and the state we are from). I found a Senior Rate less than what we booked ES for our category room (8C in this case). We have a TA so she sent in the request. Since we haven't paid in full yet, we got our total reduced by the difference.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Ok....that helps and it doesn't :cool:. Now I"m just super confused. I did the mock booking using the fare viewer that you all provided (thank you!!!!) and the cabin that I'm booked in comes up 200 bucks cheaper? Sooooo...it dropped? Do I have to contact my PVP or can I go directly through Carnival?

Ok....that helps and it doesn't :cool:. Now I"m just super confused. I did the mock booking using the fare viewer that you all provided (thank you!!!!) and the cabin that I'm booked in comes up 200 bucks cheaper? Sooooo...it dropped? Do I have to contact my PVP or can I go directly through Carnival?

*IF* the lower rate that you see is for the same cabin category, then submit the Claim Form. Since you have booked through a PVP, you can do it yourself.

If however, you were using a third-party TA, they would have to submit the form.

Remeber the fare viewer does not includes add on taxes and fees, you are just comparing the fare.

If you are sure the fare is that much lower, then just submit it yourself on this form.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

early saver is not just for 7 day cruises.....they have to be 5 months out yes, but we got early saver on our 4 day cruise in july.

a cabin category may be sold out. We are in an 8e cabin for 3 people. There are not a lot of those cabins so they sell out faster. We are ineligible for the 8n's as those book only 2 for that category. Even if your category is sold out.....check! People upgrade and cancel all the time. There may be one room that keeps coming back into inventory, (it happened to us!) that will enable you to get price drops from time to time.

I use a TA and she kept tabs on it for me : )Mine went down a total of $370.00 (OBC) : )Even when I checked the "fare viewer" I did not notice at times that the price was different. I would get a email from my TA saying it went down again?I guess she knows the ins and outs of it : )

Sounds like you are looking at the entire price and not the cruise price only.

To check that price -you can look on the carnival web page under your booking. view details, view cruise documents, check print general information- your statement will be there

I use a TA and she kept tabs on it for me : )Mine went down a total of $370.00 (OBC) : )Even when I checked the "fare viewer" I did not notice at times that the price was different. I would get a email from my TA saying it went down again?I guess she knows the ins and outs of it : )

And it seems to be, even though I've only been on CC for a month, that quite a few people "trash" TA's on CC: My experiences have been the same as yours!! Don't know what we'd do without her--and neither do the folks we've recommended her to!

Archived