Ncl sky question

vacationfool

Anyone sailed on ncl sky recently to bahamas? Just curious if anyone knew of any other activities besides the beach that they could recommend, such as the submaraine?

We sailed the Sky about a year ago. We did one of the semi-sub things in Freeport. It wasn't one of the best shore excursions we have taken, but it was enjoyable and we saw quite a bit of cool fish and lots of brain coral. It is not for the week of stomach though.

In Nassau, we took a #10 Jitney to Fort Charlotte and back to the port area, then we walked to the Queen's staircase.

The private island has changed since we were there.

Anyone sailed on ncl sky recently to bahamas? Just curious if anyone knew of any other activities besides the beach that they could recommend, such as the submaraine?

We are sailing the Sky to the Bahamas in just over 2 weeks, I will try my best to come back here to tell you anything of interest we decide to do.

I highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island www.bahamasbluelagoon.com You can take a shore excursion or go on your own from Nassau. We are sailing on the Sky on Monday, but won't be doing the Blue Lagoon this time. We're going to check-out the Pirate Museum, probably a tourist trap, but it might be fun anyway.

Sailing on the Sky for the first time in June but i have been to Nassau before. There's Senor Frogs by the port if you have teens or just looking for a fun time. Atlantis is good too if you've never seen it before. I never got to Fort Fincastle or the Queens staircase but i hear thats good to see. Only saw it from the cab. Walking around Nassau is good too. Been to Blue Lagoon and i liked it. Cabbage beach is cool and there is public access by the Rui. There you can get a banana boad ride for about $15 pp depending on the boat. Junkanoo beach (right by the port) looked cool but the day we went it rained so we were there for a very short time. We were able to get my son a virgin pina colada in a coconut there. There is a drink stand and restrooms. I'm gonna try going back this time around. Im not always a big fan of the ships excursions and if i can, i try to go on my own if i know the island. A lot of the bigger hotels on Nassau have day passes to look into as well. On Paradise Island by the water taxi we saw a booze cruise boat pass by and it looked really fun but i never found out where to get on. I'm sure you can google the info for that.

We've been to Bahamas twice on cruises. The first time we did the tour of Atlantis. We took a boat around the harbor and they dropped us off over there and then we took the boat back. That was scheduled through RCL. Last time we were on NCL we got off in Nassau and rented a moped because it was early and nothing was open. We drove all over the place (even over the bridge to Atlantis - but that was scary) and had fun. The straw market made me clostraphobic and the shopping wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. If I was to do it again we'd probably go back to Atlantis.

In Freeport, we did the bike adventure tour through NCL. If you're an active, outdoors type of person, this is great. The hour spent at Taino Beach was heaven after all the biking, too :)

In Nasau, we spent the day at Atlantis. It was our first time to the Bahamas so we figured we had to see it at least once! Also a great day.

Archived