Where to buy Rum Cakes?

deepbluesee

they have to deliver rumCAKES too?

Don't have to. But it beats carrying them around and...

some of the locations are full shops with stock on the shelves. Some are order taking locations that primarily deliver to the ship and have very little on the shelves.

You can get them in different flavors also. Try the chocolate one. Make sure you have enough room in your suitcase to take them home. You can also buy them online, but then you pay for shipping. Occasionally there are specials where you buy so much and then they waive shipping.

The first time I bought them in Grand Cayman, we had visited one of the stores on an excursion. They gave free samples and also samples of different flavored rum.

You can buy them just about anywhere, including the Rum Cake shops right across the street from the port, and they will cost about the same as they do on your ship. However, if you go to a regular grocery store in Grand Cayman, they will be cheaper. Good luck!

Just returned home from Equinox cruise. All the shops near the pier at Georgetown have a wide variety of rum cakes. The one pound size was $16.99. The cost in the ship's gift shop was $21.99. What was really funny, though, was that one of the shops in the Indianapolis airport also had the same rum cakes for $16.99! They didn't have as great a variety and not sure how long they might have been sitting at the airport shop. It just seemed funny that we had hauled our rum cakes all the way from Grand Cayman when we could have just got them at the Indy airport!

Well, I guess I was more tired than I thought I was! The airport gift shop where my husband saw the rum cakes for sale was in Ft Lauderdale, NOT Indianapolis. He laughed like crazy when I told him of my mistake. Good grief!

• 4 weeks later...
You can buy them just about anywhere . . . However, if you go to a regular grocery store in Grand Cayman, they will be cheaper. Good luck!

Do tell, where are there "real" grocery stores around Georgetown? We've often wanted to wander through a "non tourist" location and compare items. Always on the lookout for a bargain!

Archived