Cloud at Tower Bridge 5th July

Silver Spectre

Has anyone managed to make a visit to either the Cloud or Wind at Tower Bridge on a turnaround day

We embarked there last September, but don't think that's what you're asking about - you mean going aboard for a visit without taking a cruise?

Good morning,

I arranged to have friends in London join me for cocktails and dinner onboard when we were docked in London at Tower Bridge.

BTW, we have sailed 17 times with Silverseas and our all time favourite is sailing down the Thames into London Tower Bridge. It was an awesome experience. All the guests on the ship were on the observation deck drinking champagne, eating hors d'oeuvres while the Tower Bridge lifted......we stopped traffic in downtown London. Locals and tourists cheered as we arrived at Tower Bridge. If you get the chance, don't miss it.

I understand Venetian Society members are always welcome to board and enjoy the ship.

Enjoy your visit!

ScottToronto

We have gone on board as guests at dinner time, after watching the bridge open to allow the ship through. Magic. That was not on turn round day, but the day before. Those we were visiting have had guests on board for lunch on turn round day, on another occasion.

We loved the Bridge opening up for the Cloud to pass under. We had arranged for friends(2) to come on board. The Hotel Manager said NO to dinner but there would be plenty of food around the ship. We couldn't pay for 2 dinners although we would have done so quite willingly, we cannot understand why some guests can have visitors on board with a meal and some aren't. Does anyone know if the grade of suite could be the answer??

We have departed and arrived at Tower Bridge - one of the best experiences anyone could ever imagine. Those booked for the next "Tower Bridge" experience - soak it in - you will never ever forget!!

• 2 months later...

Good morning,

I was just on Cloud yesterday in Dublin. It was a beautiful day, where we started off with a glass of Champagne on the deck of the Panorama lounge.

We had a great tour as i'm a first timer to Silversea. Followed by an exquisite lunch in The Restaurant.

I'm particularly lucky as I am cruising from Cannes on Saturday on Spirit!

My advice is to ask, I have found Silversea very accommodating.

Good luck

Sakaara

Archived