Allure vs. Oasis

Shippy

• 1 year later...
I believe the Oasis sails on Saturday and the Allure sails on Sunday. We are going to be on the Oasis in September and it will require us to fly out on Friday so I will need to miss an extra day of work in addition to the one week cruise. I got such a good deal on the Oasis however, it makes up for the missed day of work.

Funny...I was booked on Oasis for this weekend. They switched me to Allure (I got a serious upgrade for doing so, AND I will be on Pearl Thanksgiving. OH and I am also 55. Small world.

• 4 weeks later...
Oasis has the donut shop where Allure has the hot dog stand. I liked Rita's cantina on Allure very much. Also the cabins on Allure have the outlets up on the vanity instead of underneath.

Allure does have a 'Donut shop' across from the hot dog stand, but it's just a couple of self serve cases where you grab what you want. They are only served in the mornings before 11am on our cruise. They are better than the ones they serve in the WJ, probably because they're fresher, not sure. If you like an afternoon donut fix, take some ziploc bags to save one for later.

The Allure is 16 inches longer (really it is....has to do with the welds they say). I want the extra space....LOL

Not 16 inches and I quote Adam Goldstein:

CNN: There's a funny controversy about the Allure of the Seas being a bit bigger than the Oasis of the Seas. Can you weigh in?

Goldstein: This is a brotherly squabble that has broken out between the two ship management teams.

Before the ship leaves the shipyard, the classification society -- which is one of the key groups that vets our ships and makes sure they're in perfect condition to sail from place to place -- takes laser-based measurements of the dimensions of the ship.

When they were doing the measurements for Allure of the Seas, they computed a length of 50 millimeters [almost 2 inches] greater than Oasis of the Seas.

Same announcement was made by Capt. Zini on the maiden voyage. He was quite proud to be the Captain on "the world's largest cruise ship"

First of all there are NO Cheap anything on the Oasis or the Allure, these are Luxury ships, and they ought to be Luxury ships. Nothing is done cheaply on both of these ships. They are just grand thats all.

The best one are both of them, it depends on what you are looking for, Oasis is not as relaxed as her sister ship. The shows at the Allure has Chicago, where as the other one has Hairspray. The both ships offer great amentites no matter where you are at.

Ships are learning that "People are willing to spend" on their vacations wheter its 1 week or 3 weeks out. and are willing to be pampered. If this these two ships are not for you with Central Park inside them then the other Old age ships are for you like Holland American.

Now they shut the bars down at 11 pm, all the lights go out by 12. To me that is considered Old peoples cruising. I am still young and I want to light up the skies at 4 am... and if I want to sleep I can poolside.

I am on vacation and you will know it too. Both ships offer a variety of different things. We love the both of them. No two are alike but they all offer the best of both worlds.:)

Four of us are planning a January 2012 cruise on either the Allure or the Oasis. Now that so many of you have sailed on these ships, I am looking for help in choosing. They both have dates we can accomodate and we like the St. Thomas, St. Maartin itinerary of both ships. Any updated info on food, shows etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

book your shows way in advance and also if you want to eat at chops grill book and pay for advance on this they book pretty fast and the food is so much better in chops. we booked 5 days out of the 7 so we paid more but had better meals.

Alan's not on Alure at the momement, it's Ken Rush, who, IMHO, isn't so great:(

Yes I have to agree with you about KEN RUSH he just does not have teh charm and energy of Brooks or Spacey...well actually nobody has Spacey's energy. Do you know who the CD is going to be on the ALLURE for October ?

Archived