Wonderful customer service and care from Princess

seamanfs

DH and I were on a 14 day Ruby cruise Feb 27th-March 13.(We were doing a B2B). On the 4th day I became ill with abdominal pain. Dr. Jonathon Kisler and the nurses on the Ruby were very good to me and did all they could to make me comfortable. They arranged to have DH and me taken off the ship in Turks and Caicos and I was air lifted back to Miami to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center. I underwent surgery and spent 16 days there and subsequently flew home to Omaha. Princess On Call International phoned DH every day to ask if he needed anything. They had our luggage shipped to the Marriot and made our travel arrangements home. Thank God we had the upgraded travel insurance from Berkley/Princess!!! We are gathering all receipts and sending shipboard medical bills to our primary insurance carrier for the denial before sending to Berkley. Very easy process so far. I want to urge EVERYONE to get a good travel insurance policy, especially when traveling outside the USA. Be aware of what the policy covers, too. (We were ignorant about details but at least we had it!) I am doing OK and glad to be back home.

DH and I were on a 14 day Ruby cruise Feb 27th-March 13.(We were doing a B2B). On the 4th day I became ill with abdominal pain. Dr. Jonathon Kisler and the nurses on the Ruby were very good to me and did all they could to make me comfortable. They arranged to have DH and me taken off the ship in Turks and Caicos and I was air lifted back to Miami to Jackson Memorial Trauma Center. I underwent surgery and spent 16 days there and subsequently flew home to Omaha. Princess On Call International phoned DH every day to ask if he needed anything. They had our luggage shipped to the Marriot and made our travel arrangements home. Thank God we had the upgraded travel insurance from Berkley/Princess!!! We are gathering all receipts and sending shipboard medical bills to our primary insurance carrier for the denial before sending to Berkley. Very easy process so far. I want to urge EVERYONE to get a good travel insurance policy, especially when traveling outside the USA. Be aware of what the policy covers, too. (We were ignorant about details but at least we had it!) I am doing OK and glad to be back home.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad problem and missed the cruise (most of it). But it's nice to hear how Princess helped you all out in an emergency situation like this. Glad you are feeling better and will be able to cruise again with Princess!

Welcome back to Nebraska (I live in Lincoln). Glad you are doing very well!

You were very lucky to be air-lifted to Miami. Princess's insurance limits is something rediculously low (like 20K) and 17 days in a hospital outside of the country would have eaten that amount very quickly if your regular health insurance doesn't cover you outside of the US (this limit doesn't include the air evacuation). Hopefully between your medical insurance and Princess's travel insurance will cover everything.

Last year my mom had surgery and spent 3 nights in a hospital and the bill was over $50K in the US. Medical is so pricey.

Glad to hear your experience was positive and most importantly, you're on the mend and feeling better. Your experience mirrors ours last year. The Princess Care people were great and kept in daily contact so we never felt we were left on our own.

Archived