In flight meals

How many people now pay for the in flight meals. We have declined them as our flight is only 3 hours and they were absolute rubbish last year when they were included on our long haul flight to Aruba. We were the last ones to be served and told we had to have what was left which was 2 vegetarian meals. 20 minutes later when I went to use the toilets the cabin crew were tucking into the beef stew and chicken meals although there were none left for us. At £15 return I think this is really poor value and we will never pay again.

Totally agree, on a Thomson flight to Turkey last year they charged us £15 each and we ordered vegetarian as we can't stand the sight or smell of the breakfasts. As usual they didn't know, or couldn't care less, about it and we had to accept the normal ones. This is not the first time that we or other passengers have not had the vegetarian meals they ordered so what's the point of giving the choice. A mini sausage on a small blob of tomato puree, some sort of processed egg and a mini hash brown. A mini roll, half a plastic cup of orange and half a cup of coffee with no refill. Total rip-off and we'll never have the meals again. Disgusting.:eek::eek:

Jan

We always have the meals on board. I like them! Especially the cheese and crackers, go very nice with the wine.

Can't be bothered queuing in the airport cafes at some ungodly hour of the morning, when you know you are going to be sitting on the plane with not much else to do.

Only ever had one inedible meal on a plane, and that was the long extinct Sabina airline.

kate

We always have the meals on board. I like them! Especially the cheese and crackers, go very nice with the wine.

Can't be bothered queuing in the airport cafes at some ungodly hour of the morning, when you know you are going to be sitting on the plane with not much else to do.

Only ever had one inedible meal on a plane, and that was the long extinct Sabina airline.

kate

Hi Kate,

For the last 3 holidays we've been boooking the airport lounge. We've had a relaxing time with food and drink included at our convenience. It's much better.

Berwyn

I have to say that on long haul last year the meal with Thomas Cook was excellent - the best we have ever had. Went this year with Thomson and it was not quite so nice, but still very good. We never have the meal on short flights, if you can't go a couple of hours without food, there must be something wrong with you! :D

if you can't go a couple of hours without food, there must be something wrong with you! :D

Hi Linda,

Are you reffering to me again? :D:D

We've been booking the airport lounges recently. So much more relaxing and with food and drink included we don't need airplane food.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

We've been thinking of doing that. Just one question, can you keep the magazines and papers or are they just for reading there?:confused:

We always take our own sandwiches these days. Then we can eat when we want, much nicer.

Jan

Hi Berwyn

We've been thinking of doing that. Just one question, can you keep the magazines and papers or are they just for reading there?:confused:

We always take our own sandwiches these days. Then we can eat when we want, much nicer.

Jan

Hi Jan,

no you can't take the papers and mags. But it's not just continental breakfast stuff they have they have optics with spirits and bottled beer that is if you can stomach it at that time of the morning. Not for me but you'd be surprised at how many do.

Berwyn

We stopped in flight meals when Thomsons etc. started to charge for them - remember the days when they were included in the cost of a holiday and you had no option ?

If you book certain hotels from Thomas Cook's "Style" Collection brochures they include (so called) free meals and upgrade to 20 kg of hold luggage.

Airport lounges are great - especially when you can get them free !!!

Thanks for that Berwyn, you've answered a question that I've always wondered about.:):)

Wouldn't it be nice to get the lounge free though, not likely to happen here in Manchester.

Beautiful day, back to the garden.;)

Jan

Thanks for that Berwyn, you've answered a question that I've always wondered about.:):)

Wouldn't it be nice to get the lounge free though, not likely to happen here in Manchester.

Beautiful day, back to the garden.;)

Jan

I've just come in from there.

We always seem to get an early flight from Manchester and have to be at the airport at stupid o' clock in the morning. In June we'll have to leave here in the taxi at 3.30 a.m. :eek:

At least we can get some edible food inside us in the airport lounge. Then fill up when we get on board the ship and avoid the aeroplane food.

Berwyn

Pity there is no private message facility on this forum.

I don't know why that is, all the other forums do it. The 'friends' thing doesn't seem to have any purpose, unless I'm missing something.:):)

Jan

I don't know why that is, all the other forums do it. The 'friends' thing doesn't seem to have any purpose, unless I'm missing something.:):)

Jan

Nope Jan,you ain`t missing something,the "friends thing serves no purpose....Of course unless I`m missing something :D

This is the only forum I use that has not PM facility

Nope Jan,you ain`t missing something,the "friends thing serves no purpose....Of course unless I`m missing something :D

This is the only forum I use that has not PM facility

Thanks Jim, I've scratched my head over it many times and just couldn't see why you would bother as there isn't even anywhere you could give an email address for correspondence to a 'friend'.:confused:

Jan

Thanks Jim, I've scratched my head over it many times and just couldn't see why you would bother as there isn't even anywhere you could give an email address for correspondence to a 'friend'.:confused:

Jan

What happens if you both put each other on the 'contacts' list as opposed to 'friends'?

I've just added you to my contacts list to try it. Will you be my friend Jan? I'm so lonely

Berwyn

Lol, I'll be anyone's friend.;) You know I'm Billy No Mates.:D:D

Got the notification but now what? You just get a friend avatar I think and that's it.:):)

Jan

Well, we can give it a try when I get back ;) - we're off today!!!! :D:D

I thought you were up early. Where have you gone? I missed something here.:):)

No countdown clock!

Jan

Lol, I'll be anyone's friend.;) You know I'm Billy No Mates.:D:D

Got the notification but now what? You just get a friend avatar I think and that's it.:):)

Jan

Yes, same here, have had a look and can find nothing to indicate we can do P.M.'s

Berwyn

Yes, same here, have had a look and can find nothing to indicate we can do P.M.'s

Berwyn

I keep thinking I'm missing something somewhere, lol, as there doesn't seem to be any point other that showing off how many friends you have.;)

Hot, hot, hot here. Shouldn't you be in bed? After the night shift I mean for those who don't know, lol.

Jan

Archived