Guarantee Stateroom??

I have been on 4 cruises and going on my 5th on the Monarch this August. Its a girls weekend cruise and we were originally booked in an inside (4 girls) on deck 8. A few weeks back I upgraded us to an Oceanview on the same deck for only $13 more per person.

I was checking again today and they have an Oceanview Guarantee for $5 less per person. I think this would be beneficial so that we are more comfortable and not squeezing 4 grown women in a quad.

I have never done a guarantee stateroom.....and obviously know it can be on any deck and most likely the rooms will be on different decks.

Is it worth it to take the chance?

Sure it is. We had to cancel the Voyager in January with our choice cabin:(

Now we can go so booked a guarantee. Of course our favoratie cabin was gone, but we did get a superior instead of deluxe at a great price.

FYI: OV cabins on deck 9 are larger than other decks. We booked a guarantee on the Monarch, price dropped, called, we got moved to a better cabin:D

Once you are assigned a cabin, you can move laterally withing that same category. For instance, let's say you were assigned a category "H" cabin. You can call RCI (or your TA, if you used one) and ask to be moved. If you can find two available category "H" cabins that are nearer to each other, just switch.

I have been on 4 cruises and going on my 5th on the Monarch this August. Its a girls weekend cruise and we were originally booked in an inside (4 girls) on deck 8. A few weeks back I upgraded us to an Oceanview on the same deck for only $13 more per person.

I was checking again today and they have an Oceanview Guarantee for $5 less per person. I think this would be beneficial so that we are more comfortable and not squeezing 4 grown women in a quad.

I have never done a guarantee stateroom.....and obviously know it can be on any deck and most likely the rooms will be on different decks.

Is it worth it to take the chance?

Why would you be more comfortable with a guarantee.....you'll still be squeezing 4 into one cabin? You'll still get a quad cabin won't you?

Do they assign the cabins right away or closer to sailing?

It could be any time between booking and checking in. I had a guarantee cabin in Dec. 2009 that wasn't assigned until I checked in. I had to drop my bags with the porter without knowing what cabin I was in and then go inside to see the pier coordinator. The pier coordinator upgraded me from an interior guarantee to a BW view cabin on Oasis. I was happy with that. :)

I went ahead and booked the two seperate guarantees. Hopefully we will be on a good deck. I don't know why the Agent just didn't leave me in the same oceanview cabin on deck 8, lol.

I am sure we will be low on the totem pole so to speak.....but at least we will only have 2 women in each cabin.

I went ahead and booked the two seperate guarantees. Hopefully we will be on a good deck. I don't know why the Agent just didn't leave me in the same oceanview cabin on deck 8, lol.

I am sure we will be low on the totem pole so to speak.....but at least we will only have 2 women in each cabin.

I think you made the right choice. A huge advantage of two cabins is two bathrooms. Not trying to stereotype here but I can't imagine 4 women in one cabin sharing one bathroom :D.

Do they assign the cabins right away or closer to sailing?

We are a group traveling on the Majesty and the 3 couples who wanted to save money and booked interior guarantees saved $130 per cabin all ended up adjacent to each other and just a few rooms away from all the other guests who paid full price. Their room assignments appeared in their my cruises account just a few weeks after booking and months before final payment. The others wished they had done the same!:)

Archived