CruiseCare Insurance "Any Reason" Cruise Credits

We booked a last minute cruise a week and a half ago for 4/23 NOS. We opted for the CruiseCare Insurance offered through RC. Now we are thinking that we may want to cancel the cruise, as we are both sick with bad upper respiratory infections and do not want to be sick and miserable on vacation. We are waiting until Friday to see how we are feeling and will make a decision at that point. My question is whether anyone has any experience with CruiseCare's "Any Reason" Cruise Credits. It looks like you can cancel for any reason up until departure and get 75% of the cost of your cruise back towards another cruise. Is this the case or am I missing something that could make it less? Also, what would happen to my pre-booked RC-sponsored shore excursion and pre-paid soda packages? Would those be refunded?

You'll feel better by then, breathing in that wonderful salt air will help too. Besides, I can't imagine the heart break of having to cancel a cruise.

Good luck with whatever you decide (I hoping for a quick recovery for you!) :)

...Also, what would happen to my pre-booked RC-sponsored shore excursion and pre-paid soda packages? Would those be refunded?

These should be refunded. The shore excursions usually require 24 hour advance cancellation, so you may want to cancel them by calling Royal, rather than being a no-show. You can also cancel these now, and then rebook on the ship if you end up going.

Just when I think I have everything down pat, I heard something new. I have not heard about "any reason" trip insurance. Do you buy this insurance in addition to cruise care? Are we talking apples and oranges? We had to cancel a cruise several years ago due to medical reasons and rec'd a 100% refund if I remember correctly. We had a letter from the doctor, x-rays, etc.

Just when I think I have everything down pat, I heard something new. I have not heard about "any reason" trip insurance. Do you buy this insurance in addition to cruise care? Are we talking apples and oranges? We had to cancel a cruise several years ago due to medical reasons and rec'd a 100% refund if I remember correctly. We had a letter from the doctor, x-rays, etc.

It is part of the CruiseCare Insurance you purchase through Royal Caribbean. There is a "any reason" cancellation section that says you can get 75% of the non-refundable price of the cancelled cruise to use towards another RC cruise within the next year. You do not get any money refunded to you, it's just credit toward another cruise. We paid @ $600 for our cruise, so I assume we would get @ $450 towards another cruise.

You'll feel better by then, breathing in that wonderful salt air will help too. Besides, I can't imagine the heart break of having to cancel a cruise.

This is true, lol. I accidently went on a cruise while I had bronchitis. I had been sick a week before the cruise (fever and the works) but the cough had not fully developed yet. We went on the cruise and I had a mild cough and thought I was getting better. Got home and it just went full blown bad and I had to go the doctor the next day for meds. I have asthmas so bronchitis hits me really hard, I was shocked to not feel completely broken the enter 7 days while in the southern caribbean.

Archived